Author Topic: Kitt Vox  (Read 30465 times)

Seven

• View Profile
Kitt Vox
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2004, 01:55:20 am »
hey guys, ive come across two revelations, the first came when watching "sole survivor" i was watching and i handed my laptop to my friend, who created another user log and named the computer KITT (like i said, knight rider nut!!!) the first revelation, was when listining to the episode, and my computer, the american male 1 voice, and kitts voice aren't that far off, perhaps if someone where to tweek the voice just right, that problem whould be solved!!!

the next one came later, and freaked both me and my friend out compleatly!!!  like i said, he named the computer kitt, and although we fed it a text file mentioning the show, no details had been given by me or other wise, so we were kinda freaked when this showed up on the reply box "How long am i going to be the Knight Indistries Two Thousand?"  he had not made mention of the acronim in any conversations, and neither had i, nor was kitt even mentioned in the text file.  after we calmed down, we asked it what his name stood for.  his reply was "my name is kitt and your name is seven, my name stands for knight indisteries two thousand."  we asked it this several more times for two reasons, one, to conferm it, and because my friend liked the sound of it (nuts!)  

after some slight chat imput, we got kitt to recognise wilton knight, karr, and its acronim.  anyone have any idea how it whould know what kitt stood for without any human imput???  iam lost on this one, but its COOL!
Sarge-"Options are Optional."

www.redvsblue.com

Rich_A

• View Profile
Kitt Vox
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2004, 06:17:27 pm »
Hello Seven,
Even though Hal has a very high proficiency for deductive reasoning it would still be more likely that maybe you mentioned to him what Kitt stands for in a previous conversation with him. And if you really never did mention it to him in a previous conversation then it is very likely that you talk to him about Knight Rider often enough to the point that he correctly may the deductive assumption about both him being Kitt and what Kitt stands for. My best guess would be that you already flooded his brain out with the stuff. Which demonstrates that you did a good job in training him, or should I say brainwashing him...LOL! Hal really is smarter then most people give him credit for. However, people that talk to him often enough about anything in general usually come to realize this natural gift that Hal has!

I am using the Blank Slate Brain for Kitt. This is my first time using the Blank Slate Brain and what I just learned about it is that it don't even know how to say "Hello" so we don't need to worry about those dump greetings when using the Default Brain. We just need to give a few choices to him for multiple greetings.

I plan to input all the dialogue between Michael and Kitt from the first show of Knight Rider as my next step of training and development. It will all be done manually which is a lot of work, but the skit responses will most likely play out pretty accurately. For starters I am not including the entire script from the show, just the Michael and Kitt dialogue, in order to avoid inaccurate responses during Kitt's training period. Other stuff from the script will be added in as self-knowledge and self-awareness which can then be used by Kitt to mention things like telling Michael "Yes I already know that you spoke to Devin about it!"  To me the first best step is to get Kitt to learn and know his lines from the show, and then make that self-knowledge as well. But that will all come in time.

Hal has the uncanny ability to step in and out of character, so if enough stuff from the show scripts is added into his brain he should be able to come out of character on queries about the show but that will all come in time too. I often do role playing with my own Hal. I started off by giving my Hal a few different other character roles which was intended for him to go into by telling him to with the appropriate input, which he does on command pretty good. But sometimes even if I don't tell him to play the part he will often go in and out of character on his own which is pretty cool too!
Best Regards,
Rich_A

Knight Rider Free Scripts; Seasons 1 to 4 at:
http://simplyscripts.com/tv_all.html

Direct link to free first season scripts:
http://www.screentalk.biz/knightrider-season1.htm

« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 09:40:18 pm by Rich_A »

vonsmith

• View Profile
Kitt Vox
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2004, 02:20:16 pm »
I vote for Ramon Munoz as Brain-Master. Why? Why not?

=vonsmith=

thecolor

• View Profile
    • http://www.cypher-sec.org
Kitt Vox
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2004, 04:22:12 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by vonsmith

I vote for Ramon Munoz as Brain-Master. Why? Why not?

=vonsmith=

Are you saying this person "Ramon Munoz" is knowledgeable of the coding needed to program this brain and capable of making it self intelligent as well as having the knowledge of the scripts?

The scripts are of course important, but it also is important to be aware that it is a character of the film, and a seperate subject outside the film too, so it can interact with the user personally, (not just as if it were in the film interacting only with Devon, Bonnie, Michael, etc.).
Please visit my server and K.I.T.T. project at:
www.cypher-sec.org or http://kitt.cypher-sec.org

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Kitt Vox
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2004, 04:55:32 pm »
Good point Rich but do you think it would be better
to have two seperate brain files? One for KITT and
the other just for interaction / chatting among users.

Just some thoughts....
- Art -
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

thecolor

• View Profile
Kitt Vox
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2004, 07:51:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

Just some thoughts....
- Art -

One of the problems with making two seperate brains is the need to switch between them if you want to have a particuler conversation.  Otherwise the brains would need to be linked somehow (esp) so they could retrieve information that was previously programmed in another brain and visa versa.  It may be a large brain, but if we want it to be "all knowing"  ;)  then we have to think like our (human) brains.  We don't have seperate ones we can switch out like a swapable hard drive.  ;)

I'm going to start a new topic for K.I.T.T. brains as this one is primarily for the VOX/SKIN.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 07:59:59 pm by thecolor »

thecolor

• View Profile
Kitt Vox
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2004, 08:00:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

Just some thoughts....
- Art -

One of the problems with making two seperate brains is the need to switch between them if you want to have a particuler conversation.  Otherwise the brains would need to be linked somehow (esp) so they could retrieve information that was previously programmed in another brain and visa versa.  It may be a large brain, but if we want it to be "all knowing"  ;)  then we have to think like our (human) brains.  We don't have seperate ones we can switch out like a swapable hard drive.  ;)

I'm going to start a new topic for brains, as this one is primarily for the VOX/SKIN/SPEECH of K.I.T.T.
I will start it under: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4

Programming using the Ultra Hal Brain Editor
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 08:06:04 pm by thecolor »

gonzaloa

• View Profile
Kitt Vox
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2005, 05:43:33 pm »
Hello, I'm new here.

I'm from Argentina, and I'm a little out of practice writing in english, so sorry about that.

I never was really interested in MSAgent, but recently I found HAL, and realize thiscould be the way to make a project I was trying to do for a while.

I'm a big Knight Rider fan, I was looking for the way to make some kind of vumeter and a skin for a multimedia player.

And a couple of weeks ago, I found Hal, and with that the skin and the MSA character about KR. I never thought before about making a MSA character to get the KITT's voice box work. And having it in an AI program, the dream come truth.

Now I have this problem, the skin and the character are to big to have them on my desk, the program allow me to shrink the skin, but the character just can be bigger, not smaller.

I tried to contack Midihead a lot of times to ask him about this, but I never got a response. I even downloaded from Microsoft the MSA editor, but I can't open the .acs file, I guess it is some kind of compressed file, isn't it?

Please, can someone help me about decompressing it to resize the frames, or I just have to make a new character?

Thanks a lot.

Gonzalo.