dupa

Author Topic: Mr Medeksza - a .brn storage area on this forum  (Read 4311 times)

Psych

• View Profile
Mr Medeksza - a .brn storage area on this forum
« on: August 14, 2003, 03:32:30 am »
I have several .brn files that other people might find interesting. Such as jokes files; and dictionary files (so Hal can answer technical questions).I guess many others of you out there also have useful files that you may want to share.

It would be great of Mr Medeksza would add an area to this forum where users could copy files for access by other people.

What do you think Mr Medeksza?
ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK THAT MAKES YOU HUMAN --- ITS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 12:43:34 pm »
This forum software already accepts attachments to posts. When writing a message on the forum look for the paper clip icon and the text "attach a file to this message" Click the paper clip to upload file to this server. I reccomend putting files into a zip file first before uploading. If the 160 kb file limit is too small, I'd be willing to raise it.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 08:09:26 pm »
For example, here's a post with an attachment done in this way: (startup screen for hal 5.0)
Download Attachment: Splash-Hal.jpg
57.35 KB
Robert Medeksza

Psych

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 03:07:12 am »
Thanks - yes I see the file attachment system, but would it be possible to increase file size (most of mine are 3 or 4 meg.

Generally though, I still feel a separate folder on your server would be useful. That way people would have a place to visit where all downloaded .brn files are available together. Also, as the pool begins to grow, I believe more people would be encouraged to add to it (which would obviously have benefit for all).

Nevertheless, thanks for your reply

Psych
ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK THAT MAKES YOU HUMAN --- ITS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK!

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 04:17:09 pm »
Psych, I'd be interested in your joke files... course you're going to have to make them a bit smaller to post them here...

veemoni

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 01:42:48 am »
Just zip 'em, they should be ok
-Charles
Bots Rule!