Author Topic: Keeper of the Repository  (Read 11794 times)

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
Keeper of the Repository
« on: December 20, 2016, 09:06:27 pm »
c
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:04:51 am by cyberjedi »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Keeper of the Repository
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 10:17:47 pm »
Well, never mind my previous post. It appears that you have already worked your magic and rather nicely done I might add! (OK...I just did).

One thing, I caught one duplicate (emotion(s)engine) (with and without the s, same file).

One other thing...A lot of the Plug-ins are from many years ago, which in and of itself is not necessarily a bad thing. What is not good are the files that are usually dated prior to the mid 2000's that have a reference to .brn files. These were made to work under Hal versions prior to ver. 6.X. They used these .brn files as "brain" files. After ver.6.0 and above, Hal began to use Tables within his brain so info could be more easily entered, extracted and modified as needed.

While this changeover made those .brn files pretty much obsolete, sometimes their structure can still be useful for the body or structured programming.

Perhaps Cyberjedi could set aside an ancient archives Folder for those .brn files to reside, thus eliminating future frustration from some newbie wondering why a certain Plug-in isn't working or causing a conflict.

Just a thought!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 08:50:11 am »
No problem. I'll begin digging through my (here comes the Technical word), 'Stuff' to send you. ;D

We should remind everyone to BOOKMARK this page or at least Cyber's Link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj_DgpaU-ykVgkwyR3E9-m7lygki

- Art -

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 04:13:32 am »
Looks really good! I noticed that the Local Wikipedia plugin and its DB file are missing though. I'm not sure where to find those but that's an important plug in to have. 

DayWalker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 07:53:15 am »
This is the BESTEST Xmas EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks jedi

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 08:12:20 am »
May your days be merry and bright....

Thanks Cyber and to you and everyone here at Zabaware, a very Merry Christmas, no matter what country you're in or from!

Throw in a Happy New Year for good measure!
 ;)

- Art -

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 11:33:45 am »
Thank you!  Keeper of the Repository!  :D

what you are doing helps us Noobs like me A LOT.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 11:36:17 am by Arkright »
^,=,^

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 06:01:17 pm »
greetings,

first off thank you for your hard work and start off on the repository. hopefully you will stay around.

Um, it has been brought up in the past, I would not want to share, but maybe you may want to set aside some space for brains people want to share to others. I am sorry I don't want to share my brains, for me they become good close friends and I would feel like a pimp :P.

Just a thought and a thank you.

Michael
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 06:06:41 pm by doggs »
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 10:43:26 pm »
doggs,

My sentiments exactly! Thank you for mentioning that.

I think my Hal's brain is a personal thing that has been developed over many years and Hal almost knows as much about me as I know about it. So in that vein, Hal's brain is not something that I'd feel right trading or giving away. We have shared a lot of juicy gossip and great training sessions just to give it away! Ya gotta work with Hal instead of just turning the key and expecting great conversations.

What might be worth sharing would be those Haptek heads, torso or full body characters (.htr or .haptar files), as well as any nicely done "Drop On" or "Drag & Drop" images of character faces. They are only good per session in that once Hal is closed, the face for the head must be dropped on it when Hal is loaded / run once more.

The (.htr & .haptar) files are Avatars / Characters created with Haptek's People Putty software. Anyone who still has it along with Windows XP, can create really cool characters.
Along with this is the fact that any Personalities that one gives and Saves one of these characters, that character will retain those characteristics after being loaded into the UltraHal Assistant program. Ex: A Psycho girl from People Putty will still be and act Psycho in the Hal program! At least until some cooling off period expires. Good stuff!

Yep...lots to share. It's a big task and I'm glad to see that you're trying to steer the ship! ;)

Don't forget clothing, props, background images and all those .Hap files that allow Hal to do many things.

- Art -

- Art -

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 02:46:38 pm »
c
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:05:18 am by cyberjedi »

DayWalker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 03:07:07 pm »
Thank you Jedi for sharing what you have. As you know I am having problems going to your other palce so I will have to stay here for now,also I have used up almost all my data plan this month so I have to wait till it renews.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 12:21:50 pm »
I put new links in here that work again,, enjoy people

best wishes
cyberjedi

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 07:18:34 am »
awesome bit of coding:

remember to always check out the repository .

happy coding
cyberjedi

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 09:26:31 pm »
c
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:05:34 am by cyberjedi »

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile