Author Topic: hello..  (Read 4025 times)

stan44

• View Profile
hello..
« on: September 17, 2005, 07:18:36 pm »
umm  dint realy know were to post this... and this had some of the typ of questions i wona know...
but yea....

im wanting to make "models" for hal..
like the head models and fullbody models

and was wondering what skills well i need and what programs well i need if any? and if theres any free programs..
i know i well need art skills... lol and well only thing i ever made in 3d with no mesh or any thing was a star trek looking space ship and and p51 mustang.... and some terran.. with rain >.< man it was perty.. but any ways im wanting to make lil things for hal.. and i need to know how to get started lol

im typ of person who can do some thing but needs a starter..
eg:programing a small game i dint know how to get started soo i ask friend to help get the code started and after that the game got to have 8 bit gfx and flyeble space ships and worken worm holes... then came to a halting stop... any ways like i said i need a starter >.> a "jump start" lol

Arakus

• View Profile
hello..
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 08:27:54 pm »
Hello stan,
to make the head models you'd need PeoplePutty which you can purchase from Haptek. Or you can simple texture the Heads that are already out.

to make full bodies requires alot more, for that you'll need other Haptek tools, which I was quoted around $2,400.00 to purchase.

to make accessories as I do you'll need 3DS Max, a graphics program like Paint Shop Pro, and the Haptek Acessory Converter tools, the Haptek tools run $100.00.

The way most people do it are using PeoplePutty and just making new heads, or using graphics programs and re-doing the textures and changing the looks of the heads and full bodies. The easiest of all of course is just edit the textures, or shall I say the cheapest,  anyways, I hope this information helps.
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

stan44

• View Profile
hello..
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 09:41:51 pm »
soo nothing free? :( i dont have that kind of money :(

Arakus

• View Profile
hello..
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 06:59:34 am »
nope, sorry stan, when it comes to Haptek the only free you'll find are the heads and bodies floating around online amd the free SDK that they let you download which explains what you need and how to do it but doesn't supply any tools to do anything, the cheapest they sell is the Accessory Pack which is like $15, then PeoplePutty which is around $54, all the tools are $100 & up, all prices for the tools are for personal use, for commercial use the prices jump up to $1,000 & up. But they normally only sell to big companies like Movie Studios and Game Companies, ones that can easily afford the prices, they are just recently starting to sell to people like us so the prices are still up there. Hopefully they'll lower their prices once they get things setup for actual sales.
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
hello..
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 05:33:52 am »
Hi, I think you might have some fun altering a few existing skins for the full figure models, like Arakus mentioned.  Try searching the forum for 'skins'  and 'textures'(?) that will give you a few results and some information on how to go about it.

Basically you're just retexturing the existing skins, but it's a useful way of making a few more characters out of the base model.