dupa

Author Topic: An AI in a Cube  (Read 11929 times)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: An AI in a Cube
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 07:16:11 pm »
It ships in May so they must have something..

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 07:49:29 pm »
Yeah, that's what I thought too, at first.  But that's assuming it's legitimate, and not a scam.  I did a quick search on Google, and couldn't find out much.  Most of the information about it is released by the company itself.  I didn't find anything about a prototype, but didn't see anything especially suspicious either.

That's why I was wondering if their claims were very realistic or likely.   Technology changes so quickly, and I don't keep up with it enough.  I know that some of the folks who post here know way more about these technologies than I do, and are in a better position than I to make a judgment about the claims of the cube.

Of course, I want it to believe it's true...  :D  But therein lies the danger  :o 
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 09:13:05 am »
I think it's real - I don't see anything that I haven't seen elsewhere over the years, they just brought it all together more or less. That's not saying it's easy though. We have a bot posting news every day on AiDreams and we see a lot of cool stuff like this.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 09:37:33 am »
   DrFaraday you was talking about the facial recognition and the possibility of it now going mainstream , with all that this cube can do , recognize voices and facial and camera etc. and who knows what other abilities that may not be mentioned , how does anyone know that it's not secretly government etc. funded (even though they are asking for start up orders (donations ) after just seeing a glimpse of some of the things that have been revealed what the NSA IS BLACK OP DOING , what even better way (then the cia etc. ) gathering information , photo's etc. off of everyone then an a.i. cube that can gather even more info.

Some may dismiss this idea , but who really knows anymore , The government and NSA is into everything .

And i really like this a.i. cube at least if it works as shown !  :(

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 03:43:15 pm »
We all have to realize that there is NOTHING about each of us that those who feel a need to know about us don't already know or have. It's already a done deal.

Soo...why not just enjoy the show, relax and play with the toys until our keepers come to tuck us in for the night!

Actually, I log on to my computer every day using facial recognition and I really don't care who's watching (if anyone actually is).

As much as I like my privacy, there comes a point in all our lives, that we must accept the fact that our lives are now pretty much of an open book.

Wonder who's watching the watchers? :o
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 02:30:37 am »
Art, that would be Google. LOL.
Oh, and by the way I believe they said that that is the platform that they are using in their cube.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 09:10:03 am »
Yes Cload is right and i believe i have an old video link of when they first started observing people !  :) ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llckm3cL5P8
 ;)

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 11:03:11 pm »
Yes Cload is right and i believe i have an old video link of when they first started observing people !  :) ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llckm3cL5P8
 ;)

Gosh darn it, those sneaky Google people have been at it even longer than I suspected!  Good detective work, Lightspeed!  :D

I recently came across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qg0AP7yc28 (Future is Today - Humanoid Robots 2014)

It claims for today's robots,  a lot of the things that the Cube says it will do (like facial recognition, etc.)   One part of the video mentions the Korean "Hugo", like the Japanese  "Asimo" only larger.  It has a space inside "for the artificial intelligence to go into".  May we one day be able to plug a future version of our HAL into a Hugo body?  It's an interesting idea.  And quite an interesting video, really.

- Chuck
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.