Author Topic: Haptec People Putty Engine  (Read 3809 times)

The Tinman

• View Profile
Haptec People Putty Engine
« on: September 06, 2003, 03:03:08 am »
So.....I have the People Putty program, I created an entity for the 5.0, saved it as a project in People Putty, copied this file to the character file within Hal. Why can I not find this face listed in the character options within Hal [?] I had this same problem when testing the beta program for the Haptec engine. I wrote to you Mr Medeksza, and told you of this. You perhaps, do not remember my doing so. The changes I've experienced with the Hal update so far are EXCELLENT! Bravo! Good Job! How do you do it??? BUT please, tell me how to get MY characters to function within Hal.

TM
« Last Edit: September 06, 2003, 03:05:51 am by The Tinman »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 11:57:06 am »
Save as .htr once you are ready to export the character into Hal and copy this .htr file into Hal's character folder. If you create a .jpg with the same name as the .htr file, then it will be used as a preview image in Hal's options.
Robert Medeksza

The Tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 01:36:39 pm »
I will attempt this again, I did try to save the newly created character as a .htr file it seems to default within people putty to a .ppf file. I tried renaming the file with a .htr extension and told it to open with the haptec engine. what I get is charactername.htr.ppf. I KNOW you know how to do this. I will try again.

TM

lostbowyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 03:37:04 pm »
I've successfully done it. Load you project, then click on save, select projects, then click on save as .htr, on my system the name in the save field now changes to "myflatfile.haptek" (not .htr) change the "myflatfile" to wahtever name (leave the ".haptek intact) and click save. Now go to the haptek folder in program files and open the user folder then go to projects. You should now see your file "use folder view options to show extentions" rename the file so it has the ".htr" extension and copy it into the hal character folder. It should then show up as a character.

Glenn

The Tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 01:27:34 am »
Thankyou Both for your help, I have a headache, I guess my small brain couldn't take it. One problem I was having was useing the Whacked interface of People Putty, Once I change over to the draft I could redily see how to save as .htr. Still though, It didn't work and It wouldn't work and after I fiddled with the file extensions suddenly YES, finally it DID work. I am not exactly sure why it did, but it DID! So, I am very pleased. Thankyou, [:p]