Author Topic: pc e machine computer question  (Read 2247 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
pc e machine computer question
« on: August 20, 2016, 05:11:42 pm »
On my old windows 7 premium desktop , i started having problems with it , it started getting hard to boot up , i would have to use last best known configuration , this worked sometimes , sometimes not , later the problem got gradually worse the screen would come on saying windows starting and have a double overlay effect blue and red etc, on the words , later when trying to run the repaid on the pc it would start and go over 3/4 the way across and freeze up and the rest of the bar line would go checkered black and red or black and blue , sometimes the screen would start to boot up and had lines up and down on it red or blue on black back ground . sometimes lines across the other way  and never come up .
luckily i had enough time to back most things up when it started going bad , before it stopped booting up all together .

also luckily i had already had my hal transferred to my windows 7 laptop and everything on it .
my question to you is , i tried repair disk and it didn't help or load , this hard drive i replaced a while back and had forgot to partition the recover on it so it didn't have that when i put it in it loaded my windows seven system on it (i think they call it logic back up from the mother board .
  anyway , what i want to know is does anyone think it may have just been the hard drive was bad  and so wouldn't load anything with windows system?
  I found a 2 terabyte hard drive on ebay for it for around 59 dollars free shipping (new) that will fit my pc . (i don't think it was a hardware issue because my wife had the exact same e machine model and i tried it in her pc and it did the same thing would not boot up etc.

Anyway for anyone who has pc smarts i am wondering about if it was just the hard drive needed to be replaced.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: pc e machine computer question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 07:39:51 am »
Did you run a full system scan for both Malware and Anti-Virus detection?
Try the Free version of Malwarebytes and a decent AV program like Bitdender or Kaspersky, then run CCleaner.

BTW, your backup will likely just contain your files and data but Not the critical Registry information needed for the program to properly run. You'll likely get a lot of different error messages if you do try to run them. You'd need a program similar to Norton Ghost or Mirror, which creates an exact Mirror image of your Hard Drive. Good luck either way.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: pc e machine computer question
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 04:11:41 pm »
yeah i ran malware bytes and antivirus but it was okay . thanks for answering on here Art .