dupa

Author Topic: Searching for voices (help!)  (Read 6101 times)

Razzari

• View Profile
Searching for voices (help!)
« on: July 06, 2005, 08:44:09 pm »
After about a week of searching on Google, this newbie is about ready to ask for assistance! Can anyone give me a few websites with free voices? They don't have to be wonderful, I will still give them a look. I don't really like to do the free trial stuff because once I have something I don't give it up well. [;)] Also, I know this is in the wrong place, but if anyone might have a site with free characters, I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks a ton.
[|)]
~Raz

*Insert witty comment here*

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 03:24:36 pm »
Hi, i suggest doing a search of the forums for 'TTS' that wll bring up loads of details.

Regards.

PS if you want some skins and other bits and bob's, some of us also run a related site at www.digitalgirl.co.uk

Nothing on voices yet, but we're gradually building up content.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 08:07:25 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Razzari

After about a week of searching on Google, this newbie is about ready to ask for assistance! Can anyone give me a few websites with free voices?

One week on Google and you still don't know that Microsoft distributes some free voices?

Go visit them:

http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads/user.asp#sapi

quote:
Also, I know this is in the wrong place, but if anyone might have a site with free characters, I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks a ton.

What kind of characters: Haptek or msagents?

Ash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 12:45:43 pm »
Hey another newbie here.
I have been looking for a while and so far the best voices I've heard are Valley Girl, then AT&T's Lauren, Audrey then Crystal (in that order).
I already have Crystal and the Heather demo but I really want "Valley girl" the most, but I read here that they wanted a couple of grand for it [:0] , I would've payed $50 or so for it but not that much.
So if anyone could point me in the right direction to locating some of these voices *cough*cough* I would be very greatful.
BTW I have a descent connection (1500/256) with unlim uploads and when I use up all my DLs (which  always do early) I barely use it,
 so I'd be more than willing let people get these files from me from me using FTP, torrent or whatever.

heather valentine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 06:10:23 pm »
Ash
yea valley girl is pretyy nice
i have crystal 16
but wanting something else
as well like neo speech por valley girl
also have an ftp server :)

antec2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 10:27:35 am »
As I have suggested to others, go to www.cepstral.com for some more voices to try. Last time I checked they were about $30, but there are high quality male and female voices that you can hear samples of.
Kman

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 05:27:52 pm »
I'll post this link one more time. It was here in the forum postings in case you missed it.
http://www.tmaa.com/tts/companies.htm
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -