Author Topic: Please help with functional Instalation  (Read 3354 times)

William Millard Fairbank

• View Profile
Please help with functional Instalation
« on: February 03, 2005, 01:58:30 am »
I purchaseD the Ultra Assitant a couple of weeks ago and eventually installed it successfully to use with a keyboard. I bought Neovoice and got the Hal Text reader to work all right. I then tried to get the Assistant going and was able to get the neovoice up and running. I then bought Dragon Naturally speaking 8 prefered and successfully set it up and also did a set up with the Hal Assistant with voice recognition. After all was in Hal never responded to my voice or my typed messages. I'm thinking that I could use some guidance here and don't really have any idea of what to do now. I just un-installed the Assistant again and hope that someone can help me get up and running. Hoping to get some assistance from real people.
Bill Fairbank

William Millard Fairbank

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 02:16:44 am »
Sorry I didn't give the data on my PC. I'm running a Pentium 4 Hyperthreading with 2.8 gb on the chip. 510 mb DDR and 120gb hard drive.Intel Mother Board. Windows XP with Service pack 2. As stated Dragon Natually Speaking 8, Norton System Works 2003 and Norton Internet Security.
Have just done a full format of my hard drive with a full re-install.
Run cable with 2000 bps.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 01:37:54 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by William Millard Fairbank

Sorry I didn't give the data on my PC. I'm running a Pentium 4 Hyperthreading with 2.8 gb on the chip. 510 mb DDR and 120gb hard drive.Intel Mother Board. Windows XP with Service pack 2. As stated Dragon Natually Speaking 8, Norton System Works 2003 and Norton Internet Security.
Have just done a full format of my hard drive with a full re-install.
Run cable with 2000 bps.

I may be mistaken but I think that the first time that you try to use the voice recognition with Hal that you have to click on the microphone button on Hal while it is running. After that once you close Hal it will save the setting.
Bill