dupa

Author Topic: help  (Read 2402 times)

mischief

• View Profile
help
« on: January 30, 2003, 10:07:12 am »
I'm starting to think this whole thing is a scam.  I don't know what the other complaints are but they really do make it difficult to get any help...there's no email address, you have to do this elaborate signup just to post a message which doesn't get a reply.  I don't know about this thing...

Anyway, I just bought the CD for $35 and it doesn't work at all.  It loads and the character just sits there staring at me.  I setup the speech recognition and checked the mic setup and everything looks fine.  But it simply doesn't respond.  Some of the options shown in the help file aren't there either.  And the speech recognition page in the online help file is oddly blank.  What's the deal with this thing?
If people climb Mt. Everest because it's hard to do why do they go up the easy side?

WholyChao

• View Profile
help
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 10:30:12 am »
Have you tried truning off the speach recognition and using the keyboard input.  I boutght the program about two months ago and I still don't have the speach recognition up and running.

It is disapointing.  But if you really wanted just the speach recognition doesn't cost much more than Hal, you should pick that up.  The beauty of Hal is the simulated intelligence.

Play around, chat with him (or her if you chose to set it up that way) and try to teach it how to do some things.

I'm sure that all the problems will be sorted out.  There are plenty of people who post on this forum who's SR program works just fine.

This is a very complicated and expansive piece of program that is being worked on.  And when you compare it to other programs of similar size and complexity $35 is a pittiance to pay the programers for the work that's been done.

If you've got any other questions just post them.  When I get more help on my speech recognition (hem, hem, soon please guys) I'll help you out too.

Have fun

WholyChao

PS - you can get further troubleshooting tips for the Speech Recog. in the Trouble shooting section [at the Zabaware main menu click on "Ultra Hal Assistant", once that page opens click on "Troubleshooting"]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2003, 10:49:29 am by WholyChao »