Author Topic: SQL Queries on Database?  (Read 2948 times)

vjimmerson

• View Profile
SQL Queries on Database?
« on: May 23, 2008, 10:58:18 pm »
Can anyone tell me what type of database Ultra Hal uses?
Can I attach to it or access it with SQL?

vjimmerson

• View Profile
SQL Queries on Database?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 12:31:23 am »
Yes, I'm replying to myself! What I was interested in here is if I tell Hal to store email addresses or dates where it it stored?  It's not very practical for me unless it is stored in a database I can access or something like MS Outlook. I could load MS Outlook from the database if it was available to query.   I guess I could use hal to remeber for the short term and then ask for the information again when I want to enter it into a usable source.  I guess I could just use hal to open outlook and enter the data although that sounds more like something that DNS would handle.  If the data doesn't get stored in a database that I can accees then it's almost a waste of time having Hal save it.

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
SQL Queries on Database?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 05:19:39 am »
Hi vjimmerson,
If you open the 'General Options' of HAL and goto the 'Brain' section, on the right hand side is a list. If you select 'AI Adress Book' all the options to view and edit your e-mail, phone numbers and adresses databases will then be listed in the section below it.

Hope this helps,
Roy.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
SQL Queries on Database?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 03:04:57 pm »
Hal uses SQLite as it's database structure and info is stored in tables instead of text files as in ver.5.

You can download SQLite for free and access it that way or as Roy mentioned.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -