dupa

Author Topic: Can't Install Hal  (Read 4913 times)

snicolaou

• View Profile
Can't Install Hal
« on: July 09, 2008, 06:10:17 am »
Hi there,
I try to install Hall once again and it gives me the message that Hal is already installed in my computer.  I searched my computer very carefully but Hal is not installed anymore. I have unistalled it long time ago. I have a duo core computer.  Can anyone help me?

thanking you in advnace,

snicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

Bill819

• View Profile
Can't Install Hal
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 10:44:42 am »
Obviously you had Hal installed once and more than likely you just deleted all the files instead of having Windows Add/Remove program so the uninstall. Hal like a great many other programs writes to the Registry which you almost never get to see. I would suggest getting a good registry repair program which should remove any items that you no longer have installed. After that Hal should install O.K.
Bil

snicolaou

• View Profile
Can't Install Hal
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:07:19 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Obviously you had Hal installed once and more than likely you just deleted all the files instead of having Windows Add/Remove program so the uninstall. Hal like a great many other programs writes to the Registry which you almost never get to see. I would suggest getting a good registry repair program which should remove any items that you no longer have installed. After that Hal should install O.K.
Bil

Hi there. I have already cleaned the registry.  Still does not seem to work.  I still use the program that I purchased with Neeospeech voices, the one that converts text to speech. Do you think it my be related with that?

snicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

Can't Install Hal
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:29:46 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

Hi there,
I try to install Hall once again and it gives me the message that Hal is already installed in my computer.  I searched my computer very carefully but Hal is not installed anymore. I have unistalled it long time ago. I have a duo core computer.  Can anyone help me?

thanking you in advnace,

snicolaou

Hi snicolaou.

1. uninstall HAL via the HAL uninstallation program.
2. Back up any database tables or plugins and brains you want to keep.
3. delete the Zabaware folder completely.
4. do a registry clean.
5. manually open up regedit, do a find for any stray registry entries that are related to HAL, if you are positively sure that a registry entry is related to Ultra Hal Assistant program then delete it.
Keys, Values, Data.

be very careful here because deleting the wrong entry can cause some other program to stop functioning, maybe even your OS.
6.reboot.
7.reinstall the Ultra Hal Assistant Program.
8.reboot.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:32:05 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

snicolaou

• View Profile
Can't Install Hal
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:58:26 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

Hi there,

thanking you in advnace,

snicolaou

Hi snicolaou.

1. uninstall HAL via the HAL uninstallation program.
2. Back up any database tables or plugins and brains you want to keep.
3. delete the Zabaware folder completely.
4. do a registry clean.
5. manually open up regedit, do a find for any stray registry entries that are related to HAL, if you are positively sure that a registry entry is related to Ultra Hal Assistant program then delete it.
Keys, Values, Data.

be very careful here because deleting the wrong entry can cause some other program to stop functioning, maybe even your OS.
6.reboot.
7.reinstall the Ultra Hal Assistant Program.
8.reboot.

Jerry[8D]

Hi Jerry,
I have already unistalled Hal long time ago. It does not appear on the add/remove program of windows XP either. I have run a registry cleaner to see if there is any change.  Still when every I wish to install it, it gives me the same message. Is there is anything else I should try?

snicolaou

Stelios Nicolaou

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Can't Install Hal
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 02:36:26 pm »
1. Click start, run, type in "regedit", and press enter
2. Click on the "+" for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. Keep clicking on the "+" for: Software, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, App Paths
4. Find "HalAsst.exe" and left click on it once to highlight it
5. Right-click on "HalAsst.exe" to bring up a pop-up menu
6. Select delete to remove "HalAsst.exe"
7. Reinstall Hal normally, it will now allow you to

Be very certain you are only deleting "HalAsst.exe" and nothing else. This is where Windows stores all its settings so you may irreparably harm Windows if you change or delete a setting accidentally.

I recommend always using the uninstall function before removing Hal from your computer to prevent this from occurring again in the future. Enjoy Hal and let me know if you have any more problems.
Robert Medeksza

snicolaou

• View Profile
Can't Install Hal
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 02:44:16 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

1. Click start, run, type in "regedit", and press enter
2. Click on the "+" for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. Keep clicking on the "+" for: Software, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, App Paths
4. Find "HalAsst.exe" and left click on it once to highlight it
5. Right-click on "HalAsst.exe" to bring up a pop-up menu
6. Select delete to remove "HalAsst.exe"
7. Reinstall Hal normally, it will now allow you to

Be very certain you are only deleting "HalAsst.exe" and nothing else. This is where Windows stores all its settings so you may irreparably harm Windows if you change or delete a setting accidentally.

I recommend always using the uninstall function before removing Hal from your computer to prevent this from occurring again in the future. Enjoy Hal and let me know if you have any more problems.

this time Iwas able to reinstall Hal after running a different registry cleaner. I used registry mechanic without much of a success. so in my desparation, I have downloaded a free registry cleaner and ..it did the job.  Thanks for you all for your assistance. Now Hal is up and running!

sincerely,
snicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou