Author Topic: Small problem  (Read 2302 times)

sas929

• View Profile
Small problem
« on: May 21, 2009, 09:55:33 pm »
When ever I type or speak a commmand the window shows that Hal is speaking but I hear nothing. I know that it is set up correctly because the dictation works and the tutorial was fine also. What am I doing wrong? I also can't get the program to really do anything for me. I'm currently using the trial version because I wanted to see if I would like the program.
OS is vista.

Bill819

• View Profile
Small problem
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 10:24:00 pm »
Voice recognition will not work with the trial version. Some people have problems with Vista, so hang around and I am sure someone will help.
Bill

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Small problem
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 01:21:32 pm »
Actually the trial version in the 6.x line of Hal is fully functional, just limited to 31 days. Speech recognition should work if you have a speech recognition engine installed (one is not included).

Are you saying that you can't hear Hal speak or that Hal can't hear you speak? If Hal can't hear you speak be sure to click on the microphone button to enable speech recognition. If you can't hear Hal speak, try selecting a different voice in Hal's options and be sure to run the Haptek SAPI config program. Check your windows sound level, vista has a seperate control for every program, make sure Hal's slider is up.
Robert Medeksza