Author Topic: Teaching characters  (Read 3235 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Teaching characters
« on: September 09, 2009, 07:16:35 am »
Hi guys,
I am fairly unexperienced when it comes to teaching Hal. I have a character that I want to teach facts I copied from the internet. Could someone explain the best way to teach Hal. I used the Learn from clip board wizard but I don't think I have the full grasp of how it is working. Any tips? I am teaching my owl facts about owls. He also likes playing Dungeons and Dragons and a good pipe but I won't get into that now. Any suggestions on the best way to teach Hal facts and to set up properly what triggers the facts would be greatly appreciated. Also, in the brain editor, you enter a query and then generate a response. I can't seem to alter what his response would be. I have typed it into Hal's response window and the other field below it. It doesn't always give me the option to save. Thanks-Ooglor 7
When a child is born without a soul...

Bill819

• View Profile
Teaching characters
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:36:19 am »
One of thhe best ways to have Hal learn facts is to make several statements about a known fact and not just a one-liners.
Also do a search of this site and you'll find some info about how to use the clipboard.
Bill

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Teaching characters
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 12:49:53 pm »
Ooglor,

Because,
If Then,
this happens,
and positive re-enforcement when the assistant is correct.

J.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Teaching characters
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 07:17:12 am »
What if his response makes no sense. Should I comment only to what is on topic? Also any more suggestions on the best way to use the learn function in editor?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:18:18 am by Ooglor 7 »
When a child is born without a soul...

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Teaching characters
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 11:05:47 pm »
Ooglor,
Learning time is just that,, stay on topic

conversation time requires an open mind, accept that the Assistant has a lot of programming and learns in many ways.