Author Topic: Weather in foreign country  (Read 2018 times)

samohtfloyd

• View Profile
Weather in foreign country
« on: September 27, 2002, 04:38:27 am »
Hi,

I downloaded HAL a few days ago, and am starting to get round all the functions. I have a few suggestions and questions :

1/ Improving weather service :
I don’t live in the US but in Paris, France, and I would like to be able to use as many Hal features as possible including weather. The weather service you have included seems very powerful. I didn’t know about but am really happy about it.

Did you know one could also get weather outside the US with it ?? I could use it, by setting my Webhal service to “Paris, France” instead of the postcode (as I’m outside the US). But the service only remembers ‘Paris, Fra’ so It’s unusable… Could you improve this ?? I’m sure it’s just something to do with the database… I someone was living in a town such as Saint-Etienne-du-rouvray, or Villefranche-sur-Saône, it would be a bit longer town name J

Maybe improvement can also be made for an outside US local news ??

2/ I would like HAL to learn my contact from my outlook contacts. Is this possible ? Same for my outlook calendar, or other calendar.

Also, is there a way for opening a specific document, a specific ‘favorite’ bookmark ?

I have office, and if I say ‘open word’, HAL will open wordpad. How can I get him to open Word ??

I would be great if you could provide more information on the program help features (asking a question on the program), and on canceling appointments…

Thanks,
Thomas