dupa

Author Topic: problems with events  (Read 2507 times)

metalizer

• View Profile
problems with events
« on: April 30, 2003, 01:30:41 pm »
Hi all!
i'be been using Ultra HAL Assistant for some days, and i've noticed several big bugs (or maybe these are not bugs and i don't use hal in the correct way ?).
let's give an example:

it's 7:06 pm, i type to HAL : "i have a date with my girlfriend today at 7:15 pm"
HAL's answer: "You have a date with my girlfriend on mercredi 30 avril 2003 at 7:15 pm . I'll Remind you when this time is near."
on the calendar, on today's box, there is only written a '-' after the number of the day (if there are 2 events, there are 2 '-').

when i click on delete entry, it says "there is nothing on date you selected".
at 7:10 pm, HAL says: ". That's in five minutes, don't miss it !"
i can't get HAL to say me when is this even with my girlfriend.
at 7:15 pm, HAL says: " . That's right now. I crossed this event off of my calender."

So:
- the calendar doesn't display events correctly (it replaces them by '-')
- HAL doesn't say the name of the events when he's talking about them, it replaces them by a dot : ". That's in five minutes, don't miss it !"
- i can't delete an event when there's only one in a day, but it's possible when there are two or more.
and some other bugs that are already listed on this forum

i'm using windows xp, i live in france, HAL is installed correctly, no plug-ins, no tweaks. I don't know if those problems come from the fact i'm located in france.

thanks for helping

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
problems with events
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 07:49:33 pm »
This is a known bug in Ultra Hal Assistant 4.5, and will be fixed in version 5.0. This behavior may occur in European computers that have the regional date settings set to day-month-year. Ultra Hal expects things to be US Date format which is month-day-year.

If you don't have any other applications sensitive to regional date settings such as databases you can get around this bug by changing your regional short date settings to follow the format "M/d/yyyy"  This setting can be found in the control panel under "Regional Options"

Robert Medeksza

metalizer

• View Profile
problems with events
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 08:55:12 am »
it doesn't work by changing short (or long, or both) dates formats
i think that's because the months and days names are different (thursday, may 1st = jeudi, mai 01)
it's work by switching the whole regional setting to english (united states). i'll keep this setting until 5.0 is released.

thanks for your help !