dupa

Author Topic: Non character skin  (Read 7380 times)

tdpatterson

• View Profile
Non character skin
« on: April 07, 2015, 08:09:00 pm »
Dark Solace Skin is based off of the TOHS skin by Sybershot Studios at least that's what is says in the uhp file, I found it on the web somewhere I guess you can google it or find it here maybe?. I am not sure of the rules for just editing a skin but i named them so i guess it should be fine but i really don't care :P Anyways I wanted a clean skin with no need of a character. I liked the THOS Skin and it looked decent enough but needed a little a face lift, Hope you enjoy.

1.Place zip file in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\      ||    or where ever you can see your Ultra Hal program folder
2.Right click file and select Extract All...
3.Then click Extract

Everything should go in its place if not look into the file and figure it out, I believe in you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Non character skin
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 05:04:24 am »
Very cool! Nice concept! Oh...and Welcome to the forum!!

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 01:54:26 pm »
Thank you
tdpatterson , was wondering even though it may be obvious to some but not clear to others. Would you mind posting a screen shot of what people will actually see when communicating with their UltraHal?

Thanks again and indeed welcome,
raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 08:20:05 pm »
OK,

First to TDPatterson.

Your Skin worked fine. As a caution, please consider using a different name for your ZIP file than Ultra Hal Assistant 6.zip as that is the very name of the UltraHal program and could cause a lot of confusion. Consider using the name of your Skin like: DarkSolaceSkin.zip or similar. Again, it might help avoid any confusion.

@ Raybe, TD's DarkSolace Skin, as he mentioned is a clean looking skin without any need for a character. This provides the user a nice environment for a decent text only conversation with one's Hal brain. I did a screen capture to illustrate what people can expect to see regarding layout.

The .jpg files need to go into the Skins Folder / Directory and the DarkSolace.uhp file into the UltraHalAssistant6 Folder / Directory.

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 05:03:21 pm »
Appreciate it Art. I even expected it look a bit different when having a conversation. I will assume the space for the text self adjusts for the amount of text entered.
Thanks again to both,
raybe

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 05:45:10 pm »
Looks nice!
(It's a Tiffany!) ;D

-J
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 06:44:02 pm »
@ Raybe...Never assume...(Thought you knew that!)  ::)

Look closely at the right side of my posted image and you'll see a scroll bar.
This is the height you get for your text.

My sample response about the sun went for at least that size plus a few lines but simply drag the scroll bar to see the remaining text.

Perhaps that would be a nice afterthought but doing it might prove to be something else.

I think we had a "no character" GUI some years back that only allowed for one line of text (I think). Anyone wishing  to correct please feel free.

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 07:25:46 pm »
Aah yes I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me Art. I assume no more. I guess I assumed I would never assume.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 05:40:58 am »
No harm, no foul mate!  Yeah, we all "assume" bad things in life won't happen to us too!!
Wrong! Get the umbrellas! Here comes an asteroid!! Or some other foolishness!  ;D

#######################

You know...we (rather Robert Medeksza) ought to provide a section with some sub sections for users to post / provide all those different GUI's and Skins and Plugins for Hal.
It would serve as a nice repository especially for newcomers to Hal.

BTW, maybe we should get used to calling the Graphic Skins for Hal's character and text window, GUI's and the different character Skin colors, textures, etc., SKINS.
Then there's the tons of different Clothing and accessories, HAPS and CHARACTERS (.haptar or .htr).
BRAINS and other miscellaneous categories would round things out to make Hal and this site a more enjoyable experience.

Granted, it might take away a bit from Robert's vision of a commercial site, but whatever...just some thoughts I had this morning...

Good day!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 05:48:23 am by Art »

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 02:11:54 pm »
I think those are good suggestions,due to everyone on their own has tried to have for example a skydrive account for others to download all the plugins they can get access to or others contributing. Problem was if you didn't find the Thread and the post people still were pretty lost.

Having it on this webpage makes more sense as you mention making a sub division for everyone to directly reach. Don't know if that's our call without Robert and how it might affect any new release plans. May not make any difference I couldn't speak for Robert M. Would need to re-design web-page a bit unless your thought is much simpler.

As far as the terminology and description, that should be definitely at the top of the list. I have been in so many industries that at some points projects unless actually drawn and not just spelled out caused massive mistakes based on others calling the same thing by a different name. Hope that made sense!

I know I have done that several times, like my last post. Those asteroids seem to be getting larger as I get older. What is going on??

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 03:07:06 pm »
I think those are good suggestions, <Thank you!>

As far as the terminology and description, that should be definitely at the top of the list. I have been in so many industries that at some points projects unless actually drawn and not just spelled out caused massive mistakes based on others calling the same thing by a different name. Hope that made sense!

<Yep! Perfect sense!>

I know I have done that several times, like my last post. Those asteroids seem to be getting larger as I get older. What is going on??

<Yes, they DO seem to be getting larger! Thing is, as I've gotten older, I simply don't worry about them as much as I used to!. In fact, I don't worry too much about anything anymore!> Whatever will be, will be...with or without my help!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:33:09 am by Art »

- Art -

tdpatterson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 10:15:28 am »
Sorry I have been busy, thanks for the screenshot Art and I will take your advise about the naming of the zip. Makes total sense, I did it to ease install but your point is valid and I can see where it might cause confusion. I did originally title it as Non character GUI but skin seems to be the word everyone uses for anything visual. Anyways great to see someone tried the GUI!

I do have a one liner somewhere if you want one but it did not seem to practical or that pretty especially when you get a big block of text.