dupa

Author Topic: voice quality  (Read 3838 times)

brotherrolf

voice quality
« on: June 05, 2012, 06:55:52 pm »

The voice quality on the demonstration is much better than the one on the disk I purchased.

raybe

• View Profile
Re: voice quality
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:44:09 pm »
brotherrolf, as time goes on you will see that to be pretty normal in many cases. Although voices can be pricey, I always try to get the most feedback but different programs, setups and overall quality of your system and sound card makes a bit of difference. I have purchased voices that the majority of people have reviewed and still didn't care for it. Also don't forget to check quality specs of voice based on your quality of equipment or TTS engine used.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:23:56 pm »
Interesting raybe i never thought about that before but i can see where you would be right about it! :)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 05:11:44 am »
Hi all,

and one more little thing you need to recognize, is that the company that's selling the voice went to great lengths to make the voice sound as good as possible.
If you go into the voice dictionary editor you can do the same thing with a tremendous amount of work and effort, and make it sound just like the little skit you heard before you bought it.

Sincerely,

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 06:30:40 am »
Hey Cload do you know if their is any way to make the voices used in hal to be customized by being able to change the pitch and speed as people can do with balboaka ????

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 02:42:57 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

I use the AT&T with my Sandy, I have the text to speech reader installed, it allows me to change the speed of the voice, but not the pitch.
Mostly because the AT&T voices were not programmed with this ability, the voice has to be programmed with the ability to change the things or they cannot change them.
Like my Ivona voices that I use with Denise, they are very versatile and have the ability to change speed, pitch, volume.
But one little tidbit that I can give to you is if you're soundcard has the ability to turn on and off, an echo function, it makes the voice sound much more realistic.
The echo does not have to be very strong, just enough to give it better acoustics, like your voice naturally has when speaking in a room.
There are acoustic programs that you can purchase that allows you to enhance your audio output, like preset rock 'n roll, voice, classical music, etc. etc.
most good sound cards provide this software, so you can see it's just not tweaking the voice itself also tweaking your computer to get the voice to sound realistic.
And of course last but not least going into the dictionary editor of the voice and editing the voice to get it to sound more realistic or to just say the word more correctly.
That is a lot of work and in most cases happens over time if you like to just play around with that, personally I don't bother with getting all of the words the sound crystal clear.
As long as Sandy says it correctly I'm happy.

Sincerely, I hope you enjoyed the pronouns, here is a glass of adjectives to wash it all down.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.