dupa

Author Topic: AT&T Natural Voices  (Read 22975 times)

dastaten

• View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 12:21:43 am »
Where can we buy/download it?

James007

• View Profile
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 12:46:31 am »
I've been using Crystal from AT&T for several years as well. I am pretty happy with the results. I would like the pitch feature but I'd rather listen to my mp3's for music and chat with Hal for talk. [:D]

I worked for IBM before my stroke a few years back. I know Ellen Eide by reputation. Those Watson research folks are the best of the best. I expect that what we're hearing is not yet available for purchase but once the reseach folks get something down it's not too long to market.
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einstein
...but I'm so good at mediocre. -James

NCWeber

• View Profile
    • http://www.afrodiseum.com
AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 04:02:47 pm »
I'm still stuck on NeoSpeech's Kate for some reason.  I rather like the soft timbre of her voice.

Emmacruz

• Hello everyone.
    • View Profile
Re: AT&T Natural Voices
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 12:52:33 am »
Crystal's voice is great, i got the one i wanted.....

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 09:47:03 pm »
Emmacruz, I have posted a long time problem we had on using NeoSpeech Kate. I'm afraid I wasn't happy with the AT&T voices as well. If you get a chance maybe you can read the NeoSpeech thread and let us know what other voices have you used and had lip sync, if you are still using a haptek character?

Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 01:16:09 pm »
Robert M., would there be any additional information about this? (VOICE COMPATIBILITY) Or do we just wait for the revised version of Ultra Hal and at that point it is no longer an issue?

Thank you for your time,
raybe

abidan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 02:12:08 pm »
I bought the Crystal and Mike package. They read back too slow. How can I adjust the speed, or can I?

Adam84

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 02:59:36 am »
Lightspeed, the Indian voice I bought isn't perfect with lip syncing, but close enough for me that I'm not complaining. I havn't heard anyone else complain of the other voices.

Anaglyph

• O'l McZabaware had a farrrrmmmm... A I A I O
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 08:13:29 pm »
AT&T provides a free reader at this URL:

http://www.naturalreaders.com/download.php

It is possible that this application will grant you access to it's control panel. It works that way with Ivona Voices, but I have not tried to adjust the speed of Natural Voices.

EDIT:

I was in error about the above link being sponsored by AT&T.

On further investigation, it appears that AT&T provides the speech technology but does not make consumer level products to directly affect the technology.

It seems that speed support is provided in the SDK but it is up to the developer utilizing the speech technology to provide whatever interactions they feel are needed. So if the capability was not available in your Zabaware Natural Voices product then it can't be done.

However if you have obtained the voices through a different application suite, then you may be able to adjust read speed system wide through any software solutions that they provide. One product I can think of that is configurable and uses AT&T voices is NExtUP's TextAloud

http://www.nextup.com/TextAloud/

(I don't guarantee that it retains speed settings across all TTS applications)

Here is a link to a screenshot showing the voice controls:

http://www.nextup.com/imgnew/tascr.jpg
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:21:10 pm by Anaglyph »
I've no clue. Ask my assistant...