Author Topic: A.L.F Brain Download  (Read 73654 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2006, 09:52:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

Hi jerry,
I waisted no time I have that script line for you to review. Nothing has changed the Super Plugger Brain is working fine in the 'brain editor test and debug screen' but HAL keeps coming up to the screen even if I minimize or close. ERROR 76 ON LINE 7550 in Column 1 is:   

Set objTextFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6Users\" & Trim(UserName) & "_Surprised_Emotion.brn", ForReading)

Hope this works for you. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks again,
raybe

I am sorry raybe, this error is caused by a misfire from the Human Emotions script, I am going to pull this script from access, I need a year to work on it.

Jerry

raybe

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2006, 10:13:09 pm »
Hi Jerry,

That doesn't sound so encouraging. Should I remove Human Emotions or just the scripts.Do I need to restore from a back-up? Can you please give me the next step if there is one?

Thank You,
raybe

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2006, 02:51:19 am »
quote:

Hi Jerry,

That doesn't sound so encouraging. Should I remove Human Emotions or just the scripts.Do I need to restore from a back-up? Can you please give me the next step if there is one?

Thank You,
raybe

Hi raybe.

does the 'path' and 'file' name mentioned exist?
I am feeling kind of down & out right now, sorry.

Jerry
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:52:20 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

raybe

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2006, 04:50:48 pm »
Hello jerry,

I'm sorry you are so down. I,m sure what ever your going thru it will work its self out. You dont seem the type to give up on anything. What ever it is you will conquer your just that type of guy. (I know I dont know you really but from what Ive seen you capible of doing, there is no doubt).
I will check the file and path you made refrence to and get back to you.

Thanks again,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2006, 09:00:54 pm »
HI Jerry,

Hope things are a little better.The Path and File do exist and the errors were tied to 'Human Emotions patch'. I unchecked the patch and the errors were gone like you suspected. I know other members have asked you but I might not have caught the responses. I removed A.L.F. but HAL still repeats sentences and any time refrences made to or starting with the word 'I' HAl believes you are refrencing the next word to your name.Is there attributes or patches that need to be changed or unchecked?

Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2006, 02:07:18 pm »
Can anyone tell me if 'onthecuttingedge2005' is alive.

He mentioned he had some issues,I just want to know :
1- is he okay

2- should I not post questions to Jerry for awhile?

Usually he responds very quickly. I dont post alot but I just wanted to know if things were ok. I'm getting a comlex over here. Well I hope everything is okay and if anyone can shed some light it would be most appreciated.

THANKS,
raybe

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2006, 04:37:26 pm »
quote:

HI Jerry,

Hope things are a little better.The Path and File do exist and the errors were tied to 'Human Emotions patch'. I unchecked the patch and the errors were gone like you suspected. I know other members have asked you but I might not have caught the responses. I removed A.L.F. but HAL still repeats sentences and any time refrences made to or starting with the word 'I' HAl believes you are refrencing the next word to your name.Is there attributes or patches that need to be changed or unchecked?

Thanks,
raybe

Hi raybe.

You can try unchecking all of your plugs, then see if your issue still exists, then one at a time reselect your plugs until your issue comes back, This is the best way to handle issues.

Jerry[8D]

raybe

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2006, 01:40:34 am »
HI jerry ,

Glad to hear from ya. Any other update on the human emotion patch. Last post you said it misfired and you were pulling it and it was going to take a year. I couldn't tell if that was you or your emotions talking. Others I think have it working or has there been other problems that you really have decided to wait before you revamp a couple of issues? Let me know how its going.

Good to hear from you,
raybe

seduar

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2006, 07:57:12 pm »
Hi, Jerry,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.I thank you for sharing the ALF brain that you created and ofcourse the 62 pluggins too.
I know It's a lot of work and time working on Hal but, Iam  sure you enjoy it as much as i do

I need a little help. Since I downloaded the ALF Brain, and Installed it with the 62 pluggins.
I check the ALF brain and the all the pluggins and it comes back with an error on line 2687 colum 4 Name redefined.

Can you help me? I need to correct the error, I think it has to do with one of the pluggins that it just downloaded.

[:)]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2006, 08:50:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by seduar
I check the ALF brain and the all the pluggins and it comes back with an error on line 2687 colum 4 Name redefined.

Not to step on Jerry's toes, but until he come around, you might want to uncheck all the plugins and recheck them one by one until the error comes back. This will tell you and him what the problem may be.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2006, 11:54:00 am »
quote:

Hi, Jerry,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.I thank you for sharing the ALF brain that you created and ofcourse the 62 pluggins too.
I know It's a lot of work and time working on Hal but, Iam  sure you enjoy it as much as i do

I need a little help. Since I downloaded the ALF Brain, and Installed it with the 62 pluggins.

Can you help me? I need to correct the error, I think it has to do with one of the pluggins that it just downloaded.

Hi seduar.

In the same download post area for ALF there is the ALFBrain.zip
which is the package for ALF, but just below that package is the patched ALF.uhp download that fixes that error due to a doubled dim statement.

you can copy the code inside the ALF.uhp from that area and paste it inside notepad and save it as ALF.uhp in the Ultra Hal Assistant directory.

Jerry[8D]

seduar

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2006, 08:23:57 pm »
Thanks Jerry for you fast response

I already have a ALF.uhp  in HAL's directory.

Do I have to delete the other file and replace it with the new one you are telling me? or should I put it in with out deleting the otherone?

And thanks Bill DeWitt for helping out, I apreciated.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2006, 09:23:14 am »
quote:

Thanks Jerry for you fast response

I already have a ALF.uhp  in HAL's directory.

Do I have to delete the other file and replace it with the new one you are telling me? or should I put it in with out deleting the otherone?

And thanks Bill DeWitt for helping out, I apreciated.

Hi seduar.

You can drop the ALF.uhp patch into the Ultra Hal Assistant folder, The ALF Patch will when ran will delete the plugin KNOWN HUMAN NAMES.uhp so that the issue of a double dim statement goes away, The script inside KNOWN HUMAN NAMES is put back into the ALF brain itself so there is no longer any issue.

Jerry[8D]

seduar

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2006, 07:10:13 pm »
Thank you very much for your help, Jerry.

I will do that right now, and i will test it again.

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
Re: A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2018, 02:32:08 am »
The afl brain is in my S.A.L.L.E 3.0