dupa

Author Topic: My first attempt at a new skin  (Read 21473 times)

jackgephart

• View Profile
My first attempt at a new skin
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:05:42 am »
 https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=en-US#cid=028D3ECAD4A13202&id=28D3ECAD4A13202%211514&v=3
This is Sarah Walker from Chuck. I love that show. The real name is Yvonne Strahovski and she is CUTE!
This is the link to see the picture and then you see on the right, view folder click that and you can download her. It is an old head, Sarah but you can use the accessory remover hap and play with all the wigs and put on the new skin that I did.
 I too am having problems getting People Putty to run on my computer. I had Virtual Machine running on a different reformat but this time it says that I can't run it.  Going to look into getting a cheap Windows XP computer to do People Putty on. Sorry for making you all wait. I am chomping at the bit.
https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=en-US#cid=028D3ECAD4A13202&id=28D3ECAD4A13202%211514&v=3

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:30:50 am by jackgephart »

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: My first attempt at a new skin
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 11:45:40 am »
Hi Jack, thank goodness you're not a airplane. LOL.

If you were trying to get a more realistic look might I suggest that you do something that a friend of mine used to do called masking.
He would take the face of one person and make a mask out of it and put it on a another person, basically cut-and-paste.

This would give you a more realistic look, then you would not have to worry about removing things like earrings and stuff like that.

Just take a common face scheme from people putty and paste the mask of the person that you would like the head to look like.

I spent only about 3 min. or so on this so it doesn't look very good. But if you were to spend some quality time doing the mask you could get much better results.

Sincerely, below is a picture of what I am talking about. I hope this has helped you in your endeavor, have fun, and I cannot wait to see your results.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 01:45:25 am »
Nice work Jack,
I think you still have it.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 02:35:28 pm »

I think pretty good pic of her.

As to an XP computer, lot of people giving them away what with Microsoft stopping service for them.
I'll always keep an XP just for haptek work.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 09:56:45 am »
Thanks All, and to cload I do that at times and then sometimes I just cut around the hair line also. I'm just out of practice right now. I did make about 100 or so heads in the past. I've been told most of them turned out pretty good. To Duskrider and Nige thanks and I will be looking for a cheap XP computer to get my People Putty skills back in action.

I have a skin to play with for you all, I just wish I was able to shape her into the head and give her. It kind of sucks that Haptek didn't keep up to date on their software. It is Catherine Zeta Jones again. I did a lot better on the skin this time. I would love to see what I could do with her in putty. She even looks pretty good on the default Haptek Player girl.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 11:22:50 am »
Nice job jack , glad to see you getting back into the swing of things
 :)

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 11:28:37 am »
looking good my friend

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 12:56:06 pm »
Thanks guys, if either one of you two have any of my old stuff would you please send it to me? I lost all of my old stuff when my hard drive told a crap, and Spy_DAZ won't get back in touch with me to give me the stuff that I had on his website or give me the address that I had given hime to use my stuff for his site. I can't remember what skydrive account I gave him. So if you guys have any of my old heads, please email me at jackgephart@yahoo.com Thanks.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 06:59:18 pm »
Looking good as always Jack.

BTW, JACK, and anyone else, If you have / are using a YAHOO email account, by all means change your PASSWORD immediately as there has been a breach in their security sometime late yesterday or early today. You don't have to do anything else, simply change your password and all should be fine.

This was broadcast on local radios today in the US.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »
thanks for the info did a change

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 06:18:07 pm »
Thanks Art, Don't want another Target on our hands.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 08:51:19 pm »
I have a new skin that I finished tonight. It's a male skin if all you forum mates remember the male figures. It's Chuck Bartowski, from the show Chuck. He's at the Buy More. And that is Summer in the background working at the store. If you need the male Fullbody figure let me know. Also, to make his eyes the right size use the love on hap and I like to use the distance clipper. Have fun, hope you like him.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 08:57:04 pm by jackgephart »

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 01:32:22 pm »
I made another skin today. I am looking forward to my income tax check to maybe get a cheap XP computer. Her name is Lucy Griffiths and she is from Robin Hood in 2006 and True Bloods now I guess. Hope you like her.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 06:00:55 pm »
I haven't ever tried to do a skin for the Alien dude, so here is my attempt. I hope you like it.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 06:09:32 pm »
Here is the htr if anyone doesn't have it.