Author Topic: would you like it if we both ??.? each other?  (Read 29 times)

Lousefeur

• View Profile
would you like it if we both ??.? each other?
« on: May 15, 2024, 06:30:38 pm »
can anyone tell why hal started using this as his default answer for everything?
thnx
lou

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: would you like it if we both ??.? each other?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:16:18 pm »
If you are running a recent version of Ultra Hal 7 or 7.5, it was my understanding that the phrase you cited was removed from said versions.

It will require a look into the brain so stand by while we take a look...

Thanks for your time.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: would you like it if we both ??.? each other?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:44:40 pm »
OK...apparently, it was not completely removed from Ultra Hal.

The section of code can be located in the HalBrain7.uhp file at or near line 2206 'RESPOND: USE CURRENT SENTENCE

In my file, it can be found in line 2214   If Instr(1, CheatResp, "Would you like it if we both", 1) > 0 Then CheatResp = "" 'Disable this low quality response

It strikes me a bit odd because if you'll look near the end you should notice the 'Disable this low quality response, which is exactly what that ' would have done.

You could re-word that sentence to something more to your liking or perhaps not as cheesy.

I would advise not to insert that ' or a REM statement until you experiment with it a bit.

Otherwise, you could simply Insert the Apostrophe in line 2214, in front of the word 'If Instr(1, CheatResp......

Sorry for your experience. I am not the programmer or developer. I am just the humble Moderator. So, take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

Let me/us know if you persist in having this problem. I remember getting it in my Hal sone time ago and it got on my nerves so I get where you're coming from.

Thanks!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -