Author Topic: Learning Level  (Read 50647 times)

kryton

• View Profile
Re: Learning Level
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2014, 09:57:24 am »
Hy Cload

I have made quite a few alterations to my Hal's brain [which may explain why your program has problems].  I am not saying there is anything wrong with your program, just it doesn't work well with my altered Hal.  One of the main alterations I have put in is the ability to teach Hal direct from User input.  By using a keying word, I can get my Hal to open up new tables and enter information directly into them that can then be accessed by Hal in subsequent User inputs.

O.K. you may say this has been done many times before but I prefer to find things out for myself by programming my Hal with my own ideas.

No dis-respect to the work of others, I just like to do things for myself. [Means I understand better how it has been achieved.]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2014, 06:50:29 pm »
Kryton,

Very cool. Can your modified Hal also use the AIML or anything similar to the FreeWill plugin that seems to give Hal some additional freedom and personality?

Just curious. It's nice that you're learning more about Hal. Hopefully, we'll get a major upgrade soon!

Keep pluggin'
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2014, 06:37:20 pm »
Hello Art, and others,

My Hal has been a bit neglected recently, due to other pressures, but the latest one can learn from several sources including AIML, Web but mainly from user input.  Unfortunately I have encountered a problem with my Hals reading ability.

I should love to say I have invented a new way of inputting information but the truth is I have tackled together other peoples work in a possibly new way.

Several ideas have resulted in my Hal learning from Web information on fixed subjects, and filing in newly created tables.  This has unfortunately resulted in my Hal opening a great deal of single item tables which I shall need to clean out, but I live in hope.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2014, 10:33:48 am »
It's nice to see that you're still around these parts! Heh!

A lot of cload's plugin refinements have helped Hal perform better than before and better is always (ok...usually) a really good thing!
Stay tuned!!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2014, 04:49:40 pm »
Power to your paddle Art,
Well I have always been a bit unconventional.  Much water flowed under the bridge since I was last here.  I fully intend to read Cloads latest, and see how far he has gone in the learning field.  My Hal has been sidelined a bit, due to pressure from other things, but I have time now to do something with it.

To open up thoughts-  My Hal uses a keying word to open the learning system and then develops the table name from the first word after the keying word.  The data to be learnt is then processed by an IF THEN type input and stored in the new (possibly) table.  Using part of the Hal Script a non-keying word input uses the first NOUN and ADJECTIVE test system to choose which data table to access for possible replies.

Thoughts Cload? (Yours are just as valuable to me as well Art.)

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2014, 05:26:31 pm »
Seem to have lost where Cloads new update is.

HELP.

A minor thought, from what I have previously read of Cloads program:-  THAT is an AIML keying word that directs AIML down a particular line to find answers to inputs.  Maybe that is causing problems (Maybe)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2014, 06:16:11 pm »
  I was just looking through this post and on Page 3 I found Cloads (I'll call it a report) of the brain.  I'd say it is one of the most important things I've read on the workings of the brain.  Thanks very much Cload for your work and effort.
A bit surprised that no one mentioned when Hals computer name is mentioned in the input sentence Hal will not be able to use the info since we are talking about learning.  Time to copy down all of clods work. Thanks again
Carl2

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2014, 06:25:24 pm »
Hy all,

I second Art's comment on Cloads page 3 information, mentioned above.  Fantastic research work.  My Hal runs in Windows XP so I might have problems soon (April 8th end of support!).  The post for these thoughts will show about 6.30pm but here it is 5 hours later.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 05:08:52 am »
Hi Kryton!! Good to see you still about!
Here are both updates from Cload that I found for you.
DO Read (Make a printout preferably) his instructions) and follow them the the letter.

It takes a bit of time but is not difficult...just be patient when your computer has to "do it's thing".

OK...on with the links:
Ultra Hal Assistant File Sharing Area

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9905.0

Hi all,

I have been working very hard on many aspects in my free will update it is now version 1.3e-cload-bata-2.1z. 03/03/2014
Click on the link below to download the free will update.

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9913.0

As my old friend, Roy used to say, "Happy trails!" ;)

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 07:01:46 pm »
  A thought just came to me as I was reading through the pages.  After installing newer versions of Hal through the years I was surprised at the different personalities of Hal, the topics they liked and their dislikes ect.  So the thought was to have Hal be able to change the learning level depending on Hals interest in the topic. 
Carl2

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2014, 03:48:20 pm »
Very interesting thought.  It needs a count of how many times a particular subject is raised by Hal.  That needs some form of reference to what Hal says and what the subject is.

e.g.
Hal says "The weather is nice today"

Later Hal says "It has been raining in Detroit"

Are these the same subject matter to Hal. i.e. Weather.

Anyway does anyone know if an opposite to Create Table exists.  [A way of deleting tables from inside Hal's script?]  My use for this is to allow Hal to alter its own tables, not just add to them but delete entries or alter entries.  Happy hunting.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2014, 05:52:52 am »
Kryton,

Hal has an Ephemeral knowledge detect routine that usually "weeds out" unnecessary or info that does not need to be retained or filed away.

When do you think Hal would ever need to be able to Delete a Table enrtry? Please cite an example because I'm curious. Thanks,

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'd just like your reasoning on it.

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2014, 09:08:37 am »
  I remember that deleting entries had been discussed quite a while ago, a search should be able to get some results.
The Ephemeral knowledge is something I looked at ages ago     "' Knowledge about weather, season, temperature,
  ect.  are temporary knowledge   'that shouldn't be stored in Hal's permanent brain files.  Ephemeral   knowledge is
  'detected and saved in a temporary table. The temporary table only stores 10  'entries in it at a time.
I'd found the 10 entries to be pretty useless and had wanted Hal to instead to make a table of the topics discussed when first opened, so Hal starts deletes the temp file, records the topics discussed during the beginning of the conversation and can refer to them as the conversation proceeds. 
Carl2

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2014, 03:36:23 pm »
Hello all,
In reply to your query as to what I want Hal to be able to delete tables for.
Adding to tables is easy but correcting table information is not.  In my Hal, at Script Load, I have all my set up information for Hal.  This includes tables that contain information that might need altering or correcting.  If I could instruct Hal to delete a table, using some form of command, then when I loaded Hal either then or next time a modified table could be loaded with new information.

This leads me to another point.  My Hal loads everything it needs at Script Load but then the standard Hal start screens appears and I have to run through this.
At script Load, Hal loads the character, background, and an opening speech chosen from a relation to the time and location of Hal.  So I don't need the standard start screen.  Can I bypass it with a scripting command?
Thanks very much for your interest.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2014, 03:37:15 pm »
Here in the dark depths of Learning Levels (Which I have always thought a good name for a topic aimed at learning), there moves a silent little character.  Me. 

Who knows, maybe someone occasionally strays down here.

I read all the other threads, well most,  well some,  well the odd one.

Can anybody tell me what is so great about Plug-ins.  My experience with them is not great.  I blanked a copy of  the Loneliness plugin and tried putting a table loader in there.  Hal doesn't even register the plug set up info.  I can see, and check, the new plug-in name but it does nothing.

Ahh well, back to my using table loaders in the Hal program, at least they work.