• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Voice
« on: September 08, 2004, 01:27:35 pm »
Has anyone tried (and been sucessful) at using
any TTS voices from Babel Technology and having
the Lip Sync function properly.

I got the ones from Cepstral working but Babel's
Lucy voice causes Hal to become a ventriloquist.
Speaks but no lip movement!

I tried the Haptek Sapi Config/Setup prograa as well.

TIA,
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill819

• View Profile
Voice
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 05:57:49 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

Has anyone tried (and been sucessful) at using
any TTS voices from Babel Technology and having
the Lip Sync function properly.

I got the ones from Cepstral working but Babel's
Lucy voice causes Hal to become a ventriloquist.
Speaks but no lip movement!

I tried the Haptek Sapi Config/Setup prograa as well.

TIA,
A question for you or anyone else who can answer. I do no tlike MS voice training and am considering switching to Dragon. Do we have to do anything to be able to use Dragon? Will it interface with Hal or do we have to issue special commands?
Thanks
BIll

vonsmith

• View Profile
Voice
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 07:03:12 pm »
Bill,
I use Dragon Naturally Speaking. I think it's version 2000. It's works fairly well, better than MS I think. It still needs quite a bit of training. Newer versions might even be better. I don't remember anything being confusing or difficult with the installation.

I still haven't invested in Cepstral or AT&T Natural voices yet. I keep hoping that AT&T Natural voices will come down in price.

Art,
Babel voices may not support SAPI5 and may not lip sync properly. I remember reading something about this before, but I can't remember the exact issue.

=vonsmith=

Bill819

• View Profile
Voice
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 07:24:22 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by vonsmith

Bill,
I use Dragon Naturally Speaking. I think it's version 2000. It's works fairly well, better than MS I think. It still needs quite a bit of training. Newer versions might even be better. I don't remember anything being confusing or difficult with the installation.

I still haven't invested in Cepstral or AT&T Natural voices yet. I keep hoping that AT&T Natural voices will come down in price.

Art,
Babel voices may not support SAPI5 and may not lip sync properly. I remember reading something about this before, but I can't remember the exact issue.

=vonsmith=

I have DNS 7 . My problem is that I have already spent several hours training the MS one and I don't know how to delete that file to eliminate any conflicts.
Bill