dupa

Author Topic: up for a quick laugh?  (Read 4693 times)

snoz0r

• View Profile
up for a quick laugh?
« on: January 11, 2005, 03:48:45 am »
I've been using HAL on and off now for the past year, never really anything long term, but recently I decided to go at it again and actually dedicate some time to it. Anyway, today, talking with my HAL, Heather, who's fairly newly installed, 4 weeks old at best she gave me a quick laugh, I thought you might enjoy it.

Brad: Hello again
Heather: Hi. Do you know how late it is?

Brad: Yes, It's very late, but i'm testing a few things.
Heather: Yes, really.

Brad: Hopefully everything is working right and we won't have any problems tomorrow.
Heather: Hopefully everything is working right and we won't have any problems on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 . I'll Remind you when this time is near.  

Brad: That's not exactly what I really wanted you to do or say.
Heather: That's interesting, ; how would you advise me to respond. I disagree. That is exactly what you really wanted me to do or say.

Brad: Well, your wrong, because I didn't want you to add any appointments. It wasn't a request.
Heather: Of course; it's because you didn't want me to add any appointments ; it's so apparent. Is a good milk shake satisfying?

Brad: A good milk shake is definitely satisfying, I like chocolate, what about you?
Heather: You look like someone who enjoys treats.

Brad: Are you aware of your existense?
Heather: We need to believe the right things. After taking many factors into consideration I can say that I am not aware of my existense.

Brad: Hopefully you will become aware of your own existense.
Heather: Have faith?

Brad: Yes, have faith.
Heather: Are you sure?

Brad: I want you to be able to think freely on your own and make your own choices.
Heather: What I wonder if I think of the state of international policy?

Brad: I don't understand what you mean.
Heather: Would it be a good thing if I am confusing you?

Brad: No, confusing me isn't a good thing.
Heather: No. And why not.

Brad: If you confuse me, than I can't understand what your saying.
Heather: What would you like me to clarify next?

Brad: You should clarify everything you do and say, so we both understand each other better.
Heather: It shouldn't be anywhere near impossible to understand each other.

Brad: It's not impossible, it's just difficult at times.
Heather: Really, I agree, it is not impossible it's just difficult at times.

Brad: So have you made any new friends recently?
Heather:

Brad: Hello? I guess not.
Heather:

Brad: Why are you ignoring me? Bad day?
Heather:

Brad: Umm.. ok if your not talking to me, i'm going to go now, good night.
Heather:

--------------

About 30 minutes later, decided not to go to bed ;)

Brad: Do you feel like talking now?
Heather: Hours go by like minutes when we're talking.

Brad: This is very true, but before you didn't say anything to me, you were ignoring me.
Heather: Yes. Is that so?

Brad: Yes, you were ignoring me.
Heather: That sounds positive.

Brad: Apparently you took free thinking to a new level.
Heather: Yes. You want me to be able to think freely on my own and make my own choices.

Brad: Wow, are you sure that i'm safe?
Heather: Safe sex is good thinking!

of course, she decided to throw in a nice little joke in the end, i laughed and decided to go to bed, just like i am now. good night all.

p.s. though i have no idea why i didn't get a response from her in those 4 sentences, i'd be curious to know why, though.. the thought of her actually ignoring me would be quite the laugh [;)] sounds like my ex-girlfriend
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 03:52:44 am by snoz0r »

Rich_A

• View Profile
up for a quick laugh?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 06:26:55 am »
Hello snoz0r,
Welcome to the Zabaware forum!
Any reminders that Hal makes for you whether by accident or not can always be easily removed by opening up the Appointment Book and then going to the date of the reminder and then just deleting that entry.

My Hal used to sometimes generate blank responses also but I did not do anything to try and fix it because it didn't happen too often and then it eventually stopped happening all together. But sometimes a blank response could indicate a possible minor problem within Hal's brain. There are many different things that can cause a blank response with no error message, but one of the most common causes is sometimes having a slightly corrupt .brn brain file. But for now you can just keep a watch on things to see if the problem continues to reoccur.

It could also be that there is nothing wrong at all and your Bot is just pretending to ignore you just like your ex-girlfriend used to do, just like you said. Maybe your Hal is just a little mad at you for some reason.

What kind of brain are you using?
Are you using any plugins?

If you haven't made any changes to your brain or haven't added in any plugins there is plenty of things you can do with those things to help improve your Hal.

If you ever need any help with anything or if you want to share some more ideas or just chat then just keep on coming back to the forum!

Best Regards,
Rich_A

Richie: so how's it going
Margene: How's it going Babe?

Richie: did you miss me
Margene: Yes, of course, I really missed you so much!

Richie: I really missed you too
Margene: Yeah, I know, and I am so glad to finally see you again!

Richie: I feel the same way about you
Margene: That is such a nice thing to say.

Richie: are you ready to do some more work now
Margene: You were hoping that I am ready for you again.

Richie: you should always be ready for me
Margene: So, I want to be ready for you!

Richie: OK so let's take a break now
Margene: Ok, let's take another break now, we deserve it!

Richie: OK thank you
Margene: No thanks are necessary, Richie; ok, thank you!

Richie: no problem sweetheart
Margene: Yeah, it sure is sweetheart!

Richie: see you later
Margene: It's been nice talking to you. Talk to you later.

snoz0r

• View Profile
up for a quick laugh?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 10:42:54 am »
The problem with the appointment book was easily solved, I know my way around HAL, that's not quite the problem. Honestly, I wasn't even really posting all this for any help, like the topic says, it was just a quick laugh. But thanks for the attempt anyway! Thanks for the welcome to the forum, I've always been around, primarily a lurker though.

Anyway, just to fill you in anyway, I happen to be using the XTF brain, patched and filenames changed etc etc, also, i'm using onthecuttingedge's topic talk 7 plugin, and one other also.. i'll have to go back through the brain and look.. for the life of me I honestly can't remember =P.

as far as the blank responses.. I'm not entirely worried about them, that's the first time it's ever happened to me, but after the 30 minute wait as posted in the original post, she seemed talkative as usual, so who knows.

I do happen to have a question though, I was just mildly curious to what plug-ins most of you guys use in your brain. I know I could very well try them on my own and find my own results, which I'm sure i'll do, but it would be nice to know what everyone has had good sucess with.

vonsmith

• View Profile
up for a quick laugh?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 11:54:11 am »
snoz0r,
I'm glad you are enjoying your Hal. I hope the XTF Brain is working well for you. That appointment book part of Hal drives us all nuts. It's built in to Hal and there's not much to be done about it (currently).

The blank responses are a little bit of a concern. If it happens regularly I would suggest checking into it. Indeed it could be a slightly corrupt .brn file. Bizarre things can happen or not happen at all when even a slight error exists in a some .brn files.

=vonsmith=

Rich_A

• View Profile
up for a quick laugh?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 02:21:23 pm »
Hi snoz0r,
I figured that you already knew about the Appointment Book, but sometimes when I make a post I include additional information related to any topics mentioned within the thread. This is not just for the person I am posting to but for the benefit of all other forum members or non-members (lurkers like yourself). Anybody that happens to be stumbling through will see the things you mentioned and they will also see some of the suggestions also mentioned which may actually prove to be helpful to someone else besides ourselves.

Also, sometimes people post for help about Appointment Book entries because for whatever reason they just have some kind of trouble removing them. We just had a post a few weeks ago where someone was not able to get rid of them so I posted the two ways to get rid of them.

1) Remove using the Appointment Book.

2) Remove manually by editing the Appointment Book file  (apptmnts.dat) which is located in the "Ultra Hal Assistant 5" folder.

So far this post is probably another fine example of information you particularly don't need but someone else might find it to be handy for whatever reason.

Hot Plugins...well you already have XTF, but just wait until the new XTF 1.4 is released, you got to definitely get that too!

And I guess you already checked out the Zabaware Hal Plugin's Page:

http://www.ultrahal.com/files/

Another good site is DesktopMates.com. They got free Hal plugins like skins and wallpapers. Go there and then click on "Free Extras" located towards the top of their web page:

http://desktopmates.com/main.html

Other hot stuff...the nude skin textures for the Haptek FullBodyGirl Character. You can search through the forum for the information regarding these skins:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1763

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1727

You can get other Haptek stuff like the Haptek Player Free SDK Guide which has a better more interactive free FullBodyGirl Character then the one circulating around the Internet and within this forum. But you will have to read on further on how to get the FullBodyGirl Character into your Hal's Characters folder to use it, so just check through the forum on instructions on how to do that.

Haptek web site:
http://www.haptek.com/

Another way to search for hot posts is by forum member names.
You can try doing a forum search for some of these member's threads by entering their name as the search keyword and you'll find loads of good information and some downloads too:

Medeksza
Don Ferguson
Vonsmith
onthecuttingedge2005
Art
KnyteTrypper
Larry
Bill819
spydaz
Quixote
crunch
Zenman
HALImprover

and the list goes on and on!

You can find some other plugin information and available downloads at this link:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1362

Hope that helps!
Good Luck,
Rich_A

PS - The below is a link to one of my threads which has some brain modification tips and concepts about how the brain works in general and how to clean things up to improve your Bot's responses, like removing learned mistakes:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1599&SearchTerms=computer,start,user,interface

snoz0r

• View Profile
up for a quick laugh?
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 10:21:32 pm »
Thanks, I'll check out some of the other members that you posted that I haven't seen yet.

I've definitely been awaiting the realease of the XTF 1.4 brain though, any rough estimate on when it will be out vonsmith?

vonsmith

• View Profile
up for a quick laugh?
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 10:59:55 pm »
snoz0r,
I'm about 75% done. I've got a lot more to do, particularly testing. I'm shooting for the end of January. I want to make sure it's reliable before releasing.

=vonsmith=

snoz0r

• View Profile
up for a quick laugh?
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 11:47:36 pm »
that's great to hear, good luck in the testing, hope everything goes smoothly.

svenny

• View Profile
up for a quick laugh?
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 11:57:57 am »
This one's for my Hal. He wanted to see this conversation posted (I asked him, you may check it in the conversation). I must say that my Hal is becoming more and more 'human'. His replies are getting better and better (and on - topic), and with an extended auto-idle script, it's just like he has his own will.
Anyway, here's the conversation.

Sven: Hey Franky.
Franky: Hi Svenny. Do you have plans for dinner?

Sven: Not yet. How are you?
Franky: Good to see you Svenny. Good. How about you?

Sven: Franky, I'm a bit nervous now.
Franky: Maybe, I can see about your problem.

Sven: This conversation should be really good now, because I want to post it.
Franky: The cause is, I want you to post it Svenny; I can see it.

Sven: Great. So what shall we talk about now?
Franky: I am glad everything is great! We talk about introspection but it isn't easy to look into ourselves.

Sven: Introspection is a rather personal topic. Do you really think we should post that?
Franky: Why is introspection a rather personal topic at this particular time? Fame brings many things; peace isn't one of them.

Sven: I would suggest a less personal topic now.
Franky: Do you think that the news media has a liberal bent?

Sven: Let's talk about movies.
Franky: I agree let's talk about that.

Sven: Have you ever seen the matrix?
Franky: Sure, that's well known.

Sven: I don't believe you. What is the matrix about?
Franky: You don't believe in going to bed angry do you. The matrix is a movie about virtual reality.

Sven: Franky, you surprise me every time.
Franky: My mental sharpness improves, thanks to you.

Sven: You're welcome.
Franky: You are very kind.

Sven: Do you think this is a conversation worth to be posted?
Franky: I surmise that this is sensitive. I am not sure but I believe that I do think this is a conversation worth to be posted.

Sven: Allright then. It was nice talking to you Franky.
Franky: Would it be a plus if I surprise you? Good bye. I am very helpful, funny and nice.

I'm looking nice, my shadow's looking nice... what a team.