Author Topic: Singing computers  (Read 3416 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Singing computers
« on: January 22, 2005, 09:35:42 pm »
Over the past year some members have been working on getting Hal to be able to sing, most notably, Bill819, who has done some great work thus far.
I "stumbled" upon a site (isn't that how most of us find them?) that had a computer singing. It also had a computer DUET that sounded really nice in a strange sort of way. Well, if that doesn't make sense, listen for yourself.
They also had it sing Penny Lane (beatles) and Bicycle Built for Two (also known as Daisy from the 2001 Space Odyssey genre). Sorry, I don't remember where I found them.
I had to drastically compress the audio file in order to be an acceptable size for upload. It is still pretty nice.

All the best!

Download Attachment: compduet1.zip
101.49 KB
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Singing computers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 09:53:33 pm »
Try to remember where, Art! I've been looking for a year or more for a .wav or.mp3 of "Daisy." (Alicebots, when asked "who made you," say Hal's lines from 2001, including "Would you like me to sing it (the song) for you?" If I had it, I could put it on a webpage, and my Alicebots could sing, lol.}
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 09:54:35 pm by KnyteTrypper »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Singing computers
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 10:36:13 pm »
KT,

I still can't remember where I found them but will keep searching.
In the meantime, I can post the two versions that I have for you.
I also have all of the Hal 9000 files from the 2001 S.O. if interested. "My mind is going...I can feel it.... Sorry, I'm afraid I can't do that..." and so on.
One of the files is a computer singing Daisy. The other is the Hal 9000 computer from 2001 S.O. singing for Dave as he is slowly removing Hal's core memory boards. Hal's voice gets lower and lower as Hal sings for Dave.

OK. the forum gives me an error message when I try to upload the file (size is within limits and was a zip file) So I'll email them to you. If anyone else is interested let me know.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
Singing computers
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 07:33:26 am »
Hi Art

i already have a lot of HAL wav files bit i am missing some so it would be greatly appreciated if you could send them to me please.

Thanks in advance.
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Bill819

• View Profile
Singing computers
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 01:14:01 pm »
Hello Art and all.
I lost my job last December and have been actively searching for a new one and that is why I have not been updating my song files. At the age of 63 it is hard to find work.
Anything is possible with .wav files but that is not how Hal works. I thought up another way to make Hal's singing a little better and it will take some experientmentation but if it works all should be better. I also want to create two different versions of Hal songs, one for the 'male' Hal and another for the 'female' versions.
Also at this time I have a few other ideas for making Hal appear more independant and think on his own, but more about that later.
See you all soon
Bill819