Author Topic: Hal and TruVoice problems  (Read 4194 times)

Arcko

Hal and TruVoice problems
« on: February 17, 2005, 01:38:59 am »
Alright, so here's my problem.  I've been trying to use the voice feature of Hal ever since I downloaded it, but I was never able to use any of the TruVoice voices.  In fact, even when I open up the Speech option in the control panel and open up the SAPI 4 control panel and try to check out the TruVoice options, it tells me that "there was a problem trying to access the engine's settings. (Ox80040202) Check to make certain that the speech engine is properally installed"

Anyone have ideas on how I could remedy this problem?  I'd love to actually be able to hear Hal talk to me.

Thanks ahead of time,

Nick

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 02:07:07 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Arcko

Alright, so here's my problem.  I've been trying to use the voice feature of Hal ever since I downloaded it, but I was never able to use any of the TruVoice voices.  In fact, even when I open up the Speech option in the control panel and open up the SAPI 4 control panel and try to check out the TruVoice options, it tells me that "there was a problem trying to access the engine's settings. (Ox80040202) Check to make certain that the speech engine is properally installed"

Anyone have ideas on how I could remedy this problem?  I'd love to actually be able to hear Hal talk to me.

Thanks ahead of time,

Nick

Hi Nick.

1.Is your Audio working with normal windows sounds?
2.What O/S are you using?
3.Do you have the latest directx 9c installed?
4.Do you have the latest audio drivers installed?
5.Have you installed VB6 run time files?
6.Have you set Hal's Speech in General Options?
7.Are you running Hal 4.5 or 5.0?
Maybe we can help you fix it.

Jerry.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 12:01:26 pm »
for each ms agent speec language the is an associated AG4321.exe file
this may be a reason or the basic truvoice for msagent file... once you install one of these files the voices that you have installed should come up in your selection

Arcko

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 05:33:21 pm »
1.Is your Audio working with normal windows sounds? Yep, just fine.  And when I go in that Sapi control panel, I downloaded a couple voices from AT&T's site, those work fine in that control panel, but do not work in Hal.
2.What O/S are you using?  XP Home
3.Do you have the latest directx 9c installed?  Yep
4.Do you have the latest audio drivers installed?  Yes
5.Have you installed VB6 run time files? VB6 runtime files?  Probably.
6.Have you set Hal's Speech in General Options?  Yeah, that's where I've been trying them, none of the voices work.
7.Are you running Hal 4.5 or 5.0?  5.0

Any help would be appreciated.

I also went to Microsoft's site and got all their Truvoice files and installed them, but for some reason that didn't end up working, before or after the installation.  Still the same problem :/

Arcko

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 07:10:04 pm »
Here's another error I get, this time with inital configuration when I try to choose one of the TruVoice default voices.

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':

Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from it's clients.

Then whoosh it crashes.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 10:36:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Arcko

Here's another error I get, this time with inital configuration when I try to choose one of the TruVoice default voices.

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':

Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from it's clients.

Then whoosh it crashes.

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108) is a bug with the ActiveX UniObject control .

Jerry.

jenna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 05:36:19 am »
Arcko,
One more suggestion.  Make sure you have the correct sound card selected.  Goto My computer, Control panel, click on Sounds and Multimedia, click on the Audio tab.  Under Preferred device select your audio card..
Good luck...
Jenna

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 09:50:49 am »
after blocking .NET FRAMEWORK update i found that the 20010103 erorr seemed to stop....