Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 2841 times)

atfritz

• View Profile
Newbie question
« on: February 12, 2005, 01:23:03 pm »
I have a very very newb question.  I have owned ultrahal for quite some time but never really got around to playing with it.  I decided to finally install it on a laptop and get to training it.  My question is does Hal retain his knowledge when upgrading his brain?  Say i use XTF 1.0 now and train him and teach him and 6 months later Von comes out with XTF 2.0.  If I start using 2.0 will Hal retain everything i taught him while using 1.0 or will i have to start again from scratch?

Secondly i was going to install Hal on my computer at home so that i can train him while i am there. What files or directory will i need to put onto cd-rw to tranfer back and forth between the two comps?

Thank you guys for putting up with these questions and i look forward to any help i get.

The_Blackness

• View Profile
Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 07:03:41 pm »
yes hal retains his knowledge when he is upgraded. if your going to put hal onto another computer all you have to do is, use winzip/winrar to zip/rar the entire hal assistant 5folder (actually i dont think you need to do that but it will make the transfer faster), and then put it on a cd. put that cd into your other computer, and un-zip/rar the folder, our done. then when you go to talk to hal on the other computer he will have retained everything you tought him.