Author Topic: Help with PeoplePutty.....  (Read 4406 times)

bobrush

• View Profile
    • http://webmasterschoice.com
Help with PeoplePutty.....
« on: October 22, 2003, 09:58:59 am »
I want to use a PeoplePutty that I have created. How/where do I save it so Hal can use it.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 11:27:58 am »
In People Putty save your project as an .HTR instead of the normal People Putty format. The latest version likes making the extension .haptar instead of .htr. Make sure the file you save has an .htr extension and save it to C:/Program Files/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant/Characters (or where you installed Ultra Hal) Once the .htr file is there the character will appear in Hal's options.
Robert Medeksza

bobrush

• View Profile
    • http://webmasterschoice.com
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 03:50:16 pm »
Thank you for your reply and for a wonderful program...

Archdevastator

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 10:53:00 am »
Hmmmm, I copied the HTR file to my character folder with no result, are there supposed to be some other files like .ocx files or even a UHP file set up in the main folder for a new character?

atfritz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 11:25:42 pm »
Make sure the extension is .htr, Arch.  When i saved my file it saved it as .haptar so i went into wsftp really quick and renamed the extension to .htr and it works perfectly now.

Archdevastator

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 03:45:27 pm »
WSFTP?

atfritz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 04:08:39 pm »
Hehe..sorry...i am using Windows Xp and sometimes renaming the extension on a file is a pain in the ass.  i always just rename extensions using a standard FTP program.  All you have to do is make sure the extension isn't .haptar.

Archdevastator

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 06:12:00 pm »
OK, I figured out what the problem was.  When I saved the file in people putty as (filename).htr.  It would show up in the folder as (filename).htr.haptar, so I just went in and edited the file extensions manually.  Seems to have worked.  I now have the head of a sultry sex-droid hovering on my screen.  Thanks for the info and I'll put the URl for a website I'm gonna create with some of my creations on it as tourguides for a gallery of abstract/morbid artwork using digital airbrush.

Download Attachment: linda.jpg
55.61 KB

atfritz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 12:09:28 pm »
Did you buy the accessories pack, Arch?  If so, how do you like it?  I was looking at it just so i could customize the hairstyles on some of the figures to make it look more exact my real life friends' hair.  Didnt want to rush out and buy it if it just added a couple things and didn't allow us to customize the items.