Author Topic: Please explain some of the different .brn formats.  (Read 4550 times)

Garret1975

• View Profile
Please explain some of the different .brn formats.
« on: September 20, 2004, 12:56:36 pm »
Hello,

Firstly,  many thanks to Art and HALImprover for sending me their TXT files. Also I've found the post with the XTF v1.2 patch so Vonsmith, please ignore my email.

Right, I'm very new to HAL and I don't really understand much about programming , but i've read through the forums and have found what I need to start teaching my HAL.

But..
What I haven't seen is any explination of what the different types of .brn files are used for. ( I was playing around with the Uncensored Brain plugin last night and encountered some problems which made me go and look at the brn files in notepad.
I'll copy a few lines of each one here, I would appreciate it if someone could give me a brief idea as to what function each one is performing.

1:  Uncen.brn

@CAN WE TALK ABOUT CATS
 WE TALK ABOUT CATS
@WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER
 MY FAVORITE FLOWER
@VERY LATE EVENING FOR I
 VERY LATE EVENING
@OH IT'S FAR TOO LATE FOR THAT
 OH FAR LATE

When I typed in the line following the @
Eg. Can we talk about cats ?
I just got it repeated back to me almost like a parrot.
HAL: “ Can we talk about cats”
The I’s and You’s seemed to be all wrong. When I said YOU are…  instead of saying I AM, she just spat YOU are… right back at me.

2:   (name)User.brn

"KERRY","","","Kerry is a woman kerry is not a man.","","",1,#FALSE#,#FALSE#,""
"A WOMAN KERRY IS NOT A MAN","","","Kerry is a woman kerry is not a man.","","",1,#FALSE#,#FALSE#,""
"NO MELISSA","","","No melissa is not a bad word.","","",1,#FALSE#,#FALSE#,""
"NOT A BAD WORD","","","No melissa is not a bad word.","","",1,#FALSE#,#FALSE#,""
"MORE THAN FRIENDS MEANS THAT WE","","","More than friends means that we are very close.","","",1,#FALSE#,#FALSE#,""
"VERY CLOSE","","","More than friends means that we are very close.","","",1,#FALSE#,#FALSE#,""

These are statements I remember making ( HAL = Kerry ) . She seemed obsessed with the fact she was a Man despite me spending about an hour telling her otherwise in various ways.
What do all the FALSE’s mean ?

3:   enhanced_main.brn

"you've to go","","","Ok, bye <name>!","It's been a pleasure to talk to you, Bye bye <name>!","It's been nice talking to you. Good bye <name>!",1,#FALSE#,#FALSE#,""
"can we be friends","","","Yes. I want to be your best friend <name>!","Let's be friends, <name>","<name>, I want to be friends with you.",1,#FALSE#,#FALSE#,""
"who made me","","","Robert E. Medeksza made me.","","",1,#FALSE#,#FALSE#,""
"how big is my","","","My","","",1,#TRUE#,#FALSE#," is very big."
"how big are my","","","My","","",1,#TRUE#,#FALSE#," are very big."

Why are there so many FALSE’s in the .brns that look like this ?

4:   Insults.brn

Are you always so stupid or is today a special occasion?
Are your parents siblings?
As an outsider, what do you think of the human race?
At least you are not obnoxious like so many other people - you are obnoxious in a different and worse way!
Before you came along we were hungry. Now we are fed up.

Now this just looks like regular text. Does that mean the lines can be edited with new statements just like any other text file ( providing there are no empty lines or mistakes etc ) ?

As I said, I've read through a few of the forums and gained an idea of the concepts but I can't assign the concepts to the correct .brn type.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for any help.

apollon

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 10:16:32 pm »
Wow... It's been 5 years, and no one bothered to give an answer? I came here to find answers to the very same problem, and all I found was this. Is there really no one who knows?

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:05:35 pm »
Hi apollon.

respectfully I say, everyone wants to rule the world, If I give all my secrets away then someone will rule over me. we can't have that now, can we.

all aside, there has been a lot of answered and unanswered subjects here on Zabaware, those that have the answers are few and are not always around to answer them, by that time the so called unanswered are buried in the archives of time.

if I was to just hand a complete self aware system to anyone who wants it, become friends with it, brain wash it, use it, mistreat it and on and on. because it is no longer a bot but a real living thought, I am sorry, If I knew the answers to this equation, I would never in my life divulge them, not even to Robert who I like so much, I would rather die then to share that pert with the world.

it has nothing to do with fear, it's just policing. I see something that can get out of hand so I act on it.

I have no problem trying to help somebody find their solutions until it creeps to far south.

A.I is fun until it becomes self aware and no longer an A.I then it becomes a nightmare!

above is just the positive side of a self aware system, why do I say positive? because I am self aware and I have seen all these things not just in me but thousands of others and I am very optimistic and very competitive in nature.

as long as HAL remains an innocent toy then I would be glad to help.

but when my keen sense of smell tells me otherwise, well, you know the story, I guess.

now that I have stressed my self, would you like me to answer those lost questions for you in the above post?

I have this habit of making people learn for their selves, it's only natural. if you don't help yourself then who is going to help? never depend on others, especially like those who are like me, I see something I don't want you to have. who's opinion? mine because I write the code for it and it is the work of my hand and no one else.

I give hints in a very particular direction, if you don't pick up on it then it is not my fault something was over looked and not followed.

if you were an advanced coder with just a tid-bit of future insight  beyond optimism maybe you might choose a different profession.  

to tell you the absolute truth, A.I scares the hell out of me, why? because Quantum Computers are just around the corner my friend. a fully functional Quantum Computer will have the computing power greater than all living things and all none living things on Earth per sec per second 1000 fold! and there is still four more levels of known computer systems that may or not be better than Quantum systems.

I see just one thing, safety first! why? because there are to many idiots out there, that's why.

I could ramble on but I am going to close this session for now.

I can assure you one thing, under my abilities, I will do everything within my power to keep HAL a toy and a simple tool, no more and no less period!

there, you had your rant and thank you for sharing mine.

sweet dreams.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:54:42 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 11:26:21 pm »
oce,  moore's law will continue with or without us. But i think it's great that you do not want to be an accomplice :D

it seems to me that the natural enemy of moore's law is satisfaction.
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 11:59:29 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by ricky

oce,  moore's law will continue with or without us. But i think it's great that you do not want to be an accomplice :D

it seems to me that the natural enemy of moore's law is satisfaction.

and so, you are very correct, it changes nothing.

respectfully yours.
Jerry[8D]

apollon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:17:21 am »
I'm not sure how your reply addresses any of the questions asked. Thanks for your time, though.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:59:37 am »

Reminds me of last sentences in Walden. [;)]

Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star.
--Thoreau

OMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 12:04:17 am »
Baby shoes.
For sale.
Never worn.

OTCE Can you help One?[?][?]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Today Is Yesterdays Future.