dupa

Author Topic: Considering purchasing this software  (Read 5565 times)

michaelwy

• View Profile
Considering purchasing this software
« on: July 11, 2013, 02:29:36 am »
I have the trial version installed on my computer, but it doesn't seem much different than the one i installed two years ago. I wonder if the software could be expanded. It is only a few megabytes. Could there not be an addressbook where you could type in the address and contact info of various people, including their full names and whether that person is a relative? That way when you talk about somebody by their first name, Hal could ask if you are talking about X listed in the addressbook, your brother or someone else. 
Also, i think Hal should come preconfigured with some knowledge from wikipedia. Perhaps not the whole thing, but with some knowledge.
I tried installing a plug in in the brain, but it seemed to complicated, so i left it.

michaelwy

• View Profile
Re: Considering purchasing this software
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 05:13:22 pm »
Ok, I see in the help files that there is an adressbook function. However, i can't find it in my trial version. Please help

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:42:42 pm »
You know I have the paid for Hal, and I can't seem to find an Address Book..... :-[
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:59:58 pm »
 There is an address book .uhp and appointments .uhp on Hals main page. They instruct Hal on what to do with that type of information such as start an email or remind you of an appointment. Hal does save this information somewhere. I didn't find it there. In older versions the data bases were accessible and editable. They often froze up on me. Any way they are usable and available to use via checking plugins in brain area of options. If anyone else knows where to access them please speak up.
 As for installing a plugin in Hal, that's easy. Simply copy and paste the .uhp to Hal's main page in program files with Hal off. Start Hal and go to general options.
Check your new uph in the brain area and you should be in business.
 Welcome to the forum.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:03:16 pm by tedathome »
ted