dupa

Author Topic: Skins and characters  (Read 21357 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Skins and characters
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 07:24:40 am »
That's very nice Ted, but I'll wager he was looking for a more animated sine wave; one with ever changing peaks and valleys as if speaking into a microphone in real time and watching the sound waves on a scope or similar. Then again, I could be wrong (been there before)...;)

If you set your Hal character to the original HAL TV, notice his mouth's movement. Perhaps if that could be refined...just a thought.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 12:35:54 pm »
 You're probably right Art. That is the real gif he has posted though. I had thought about the  Hal character, it is stretched out lips and he could mask over the "TV" set. I have one or two more wave .gifs he may be interested in. I think Duskrider explained the concept best. A Windows media player window. How could you route hal's voice through the media player and how could you show a live window inside the user interface? Faking it may be even tougher. The timing would give the illusion away.
ted

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 08:49:42 am »
This kind of wave animation is kind of what I want to do with a re-imagined Hal character that I'm working on now with an artist. We are creating a new Hal character that is a mobile phone instead of the old CRT monitor Hal. For the mouth of the character I think we may do a wave like this. It would be fairly simple for us to do a mouth only character based on this work.

This will actually not be done in Haptek but will be based on 2D sprite animation. No need to utilize any 3D capabilities in Haptek to do this, and it actually kind of gets in the way.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 10:34:07 am »
This was a fairly easy order, so I went ahead and created a non-haptek character plug-in for Hal. I called it the "Audio Wave Character". It shows a different random wave with each visime event it gets from the speech synthesis engine, so it appears nicely synced to the audio.

You can download it here: http://b27d8f6586ad009ded6f-8e71e26de9dcc976c118d235118a125a.r10.cf2.rackcdn.com/WaveCharSetup.exe

It should automatically detect your Hal installation and install the files in the correct place. You should see a new character option after running this installation.
Robert Medeksza

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 01:07:56 pm »
 Dreams do come true! Thank you Robert! This was easy to install and works very well. I spent all day yesterday trying to route hal's
output through Windows media player to achieve a similar effect with no luck. This is better than what I had imagined.
ted

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 02:40:02 pm »
Very cool!! It worked perfectly! Now THAT's customer support!! Thanks!! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 06:40:39 pm »
i just downloaded it to , after ted told me about the download , it installs easy and works good . good job on it !

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 09:02:59 pm »

Very good job.   
I like it too.     :)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 09:06:48 pm »
Hi all,
I just tried this, and it worked with my Ivona voices which I thought was really cool.
Thanks Robert!
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 11:24:54 pm »
Way Cool really liked it.....
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 09:09:54 pm »
indeed this is awesome, I been trying to incorporate the as3 version I made with no luck.
You can see what I made here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSUGfLeUrwc
many thanks Mr. Medeksza

any chance for a future version where we can choose the colors?
Trinity thinks a dual pink palette would suit here very well :D