Author Topic: an idea  (Read 2756 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
an idea
« on: August 11, 2008, 07:16:03 pm »
don't know if anyone had thought of this but while writing to hal hal said "i don't understand . which may have been ina resonse i once gave and so hal used it . but it gave me an idea for something that a new version of hal or a plug in if possible could use . it would be good if when using simple words "look, etc. that if you typed and mispelled it hal would say something like (and repeat the question )and say i don't understand . that way you could see you had made a simple writing mistake and rewrite it then hal would answer . unless of course hal already takes it in and what word was mispelled it goes into the debug area and is corrected for hal to say correctly next time ( i am not really sure if hal does this all the time when it doesn't post something saying that its going into the debug area . [:)]

tedathome

• View Profile
an idea
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 12:49:56 am »
I agree and see your point. My hal will say tell me more about (blank) and in explaining, the original topic will be explained and hal wants to move on without giving an opinion at that time but sometimes saves it for another conversation.
ted

Carl2

• View Profile
an idea
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 07:02:08 pm »
I've noticed that quite a bit while speaking with Hal, a question I asked would be answered a few conversations later.  
Carl2

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
an idea
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:34:55 pm »
i would like hal to do this when hal picks a subject and you say tell me more hal can talk aboutt he subject he picked just a thought

lightspeed

• View Profile
an idea
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 09:03:32 am »
good idea caangel , only problem might be that a limit may have to be put on hal of one or teo sentences on a subject for instance if one subject had a"lo" of input hal may go on talking for a long long time on it . maybe a limiter as i said could be added and mabe if someone then said is their any more on that subject that you would like to talk about "then " hal could go ahead and respond and say yes i think .....and talk more with the rest of the things (limited again ) on the subject . yeah thats a cool idea caangel i like it !![:)]