dupa

Author Topic: Editing Hal's memory  (Read 8870 times)

colen35

• View Profile
Editing Hal's memory
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 12:15:09 pm »
Many thanks, Baerdric. I have located the place where editing can be done. Maybe now I can make corrections of my typos and misspoken phrases.

echoman

Editing Hal's memory
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 12:51:27 pm »
I'm afraid I personally was not impressed with the 'Correction' plugin.

I feel the Brain Editor desperately needs a decent Search/Replace function built into the editor itself. At the moment it can take an extremely long time making changes to one mis-spelt word as the mistake is spread throughout the user brain and it is a matter of having to manually search for the mis-spelt through many individual records.

I am sorry to say that I am not impressed with the brain editor. In effect the brain editor is huge database without any means of searching or replacing data unless it is done manually in individual records.

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
Editing Hal's memory
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 01:03:02 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by echoman

I am sorry to say that I am not impressed with the brain editor. In effect the brain editor is huge database without any means of searching or replacing data unless it is done manually in individual records.

I spent some time trying to adapt SQLite tools to do some batch jobs on the Hal DB, and I don't recall it being very profitable. It's been a while but I seem to remember that sometimes my edits were not retained and that new entries never showed up.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 01:03:27 pm by Baerdric »
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

joelk11

• View Profile
Editing Hal's memory
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 11:17:30 pm »
Hi, for some reason the db for UltraHal is corrupted so that the brain editor will not open the folders. I have re-installed Hal and its pretty clear its the db itself. The application runs fine and hal appears to function as normal, simply that when you open the brain editor you can not open any of the folders.

I tried to open the file using an ODBC driver in terms of paradox, but it says the table structure does not match. Is there any way to fix this? I would hate to loose all the data. Thanks!

Bill819

• View Profile
Editing Hal's memory
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 12:11:15 am »
The next time that you 'delete' Hal let Windows do it for you and then if you have a real good register cleaner then run it to get to the things that you can neither see or remove. After that you should be able to load and run Hal just like you did in the begining.
Bill

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
Editing Hal's memory
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 08:13:20 am »
I'm afraid I don't know anything about Paradox, but the database is an SQLite format (unless it's changed) if that makes a difference.

I once had an installation that wouldn't open any brain files and I think I did fix it by doing a clean reinstall... but don't quote me on that...
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.