dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal voice only from the left speaker in Windows 7  (Read 5917 times)

phuje

• View Profile
Ultra Hal voice only from the left speaker in Windows 7
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:16:42 pm »
How do I correct the audio balance of Ultra Hal when running under Windows 7 environment?  Right now, the voice only comes out of the left speaker on my headphone.

In the past, I could manually fix this problem in Windows XP by adjustming the balance on the system volume control.  Howeer, Windows 7 does not have the balance adjustment feature.  Any tips to solve this problem would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jessica

phuje

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal voice only from the left speaker in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 04:53:30 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I just don't understand why Zabaware can't fix this bug.  After all, other text to speech programs do not seem to suffer the same issue.  For example, Speakonia works fine on Windows 7. 

Ultra Hal is a great free utility.  If only Zabaware would just commit some resource to solving this bug...

lfenney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:10:05 pm »
I'm having this same issue with too.  Only have audio in one speaker.  This is somewhat annoying and wish it could be fixed as well.  Weird thing was the first time that I ran the program it wasn't both speakers.

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 07:06:36 am »
I’m not sure about this exact problem with Hal and speech, haven’t ever had it in my Win 7 64bit, balance is perfect but you can adjust the balance left to right in Windows 7.

See the little balance window in the image?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 09:38:52 am »
hi phuje, i have never had that problem about only hearing sound from one speaker , what voice program is it thats doing this? (and you said its in a headset only)? not regular speakers?