dupa

Author Topic: Corrupt & can not reactivate  (Read 4338 times)

rd618725

• View Profile
Corrupt & can not reactivate
« on: November 06, 2008, 03:37:22 pm »
Maybe someone out there can help me becasue I think it is an artificial intelligent program with less abilities than Hal 6.1 running the show at Zabaware. I purchased Hal a few months ago and activated it with out a problem. Then had a system crash and had to reformat and set to factory settings again. I reinstalled Hal and it was running with no problem for a period. then all of a sudden it will not launch. I keep getting a corrupted license dialog. I have recovered my Serial number, activation code , and authorization code and have tried ever option available to get it back up and running with no luck. I can not input the authorization code in any of the fields it will not accept the characters. I have contacted zabaware now 4 times over a 3 week period and have not received 1 reply. It is ridiculous that we that pay to own this software and input vital information to our daily lives can not get any assistance from the manufacture. and are forced to spend countless hours sifting through thousands of forum posts to try to resolve. I make $126.00 and hour and have lost substantial income over this 3 week period due to the fact that the vital information that was stored in Hal can not be obtained. I want to know also if anyone know where I can send my bill to less the $29.99 purchase price of the software. HOW DO YOU MAKE A PRODUCT AND OFFER NO SUPPORT! I appreciate the help and one that it's not their responsibility to help me out. Helping me out. Thanks

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 04:37:41 pm »
sorry you are having problems i too had the same problem that you are having i beleive they also said to make sure after uninstalling hal to also delete the zabaware folder . robert will probably help you with it to , i beleive he said something about the registry and not running registry cleaner as it make the file show up corrupted later .
 like i said i used to have the same problem now it seems to have stopped . [:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:34:22 pm »
Welcome!

Sorry to hear of your situation but for a person of your obvious financial status, WHY would you entrust VITAL information to be stored in a $29.00 program that was designed to be a chatbot and provide entertainment?

Surely there are better programs for storing such important info like Spreadsheets, word processors and password managers, etc.

Make sure you have scanned your computer thoroughly for trojans, virus infection and other malware.

I'm sure Robert will assist you.

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 08:01:16 pm »
I know time is money and like lightspeed and Art were nice enough to respond which is some what a common practice for many helpful members, please be patient and Robert will get you up and going. As lightspeed mentioned Hal also has a registry folder that many people fail to eliminate before a clean install unless you just deactivate your license before making changes to your system and then re activate after you achieved those changes.
It would also help to give as much info about your O.S. and computer.
Good Luck I'm sure it's never fast enough but you will get the help you need and you will be back with more positive frustrating questions.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 11:10:26 am »
in agree with art about why would you place a lot of vital information in hal and i will ad to that you can save and back up your hal data base custom brain i and others have done it for years . but as far as important information i wouldn't put it all into hal unless i also backed up the brain "
AND " also backed up the information also on a rewritable cdr or dvd if your pc has a dvd burner (and use a rewritable dvd also for multiple back ups on the same dvd and or rewritable cdr .
 hope what i and others have helped you will get the help you need on here even if it takes a little while . [:)]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 02:10:12 pm »
rd618725:

If you don't mind my asking, What kinds of Vital Information do you put in Hal?

It is none of my business, but I have been looking for reasons to have Hal, so any new ideas would help.

My Wife is the no-nonsense type. If we do not absolutely need it, we should not pay for it. Needless to say she did not like when I paid for Hal and his bells and whistles.

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 03:19:58 pm »
i don't mind you asking i don't really put any vital information into hal , all my stuff is mostly just everday conversation i am trying to create a person that sounds human in responses like a female wife or girlfriend living with someone would sound like . with some sexy fatasy things added for good measure !![8D]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 05:50:16 pm »
Is someone willing to try something?

I have been playing around, and if you need to run a registry cleaner, do it while you have Hal's screen up.

I have ran my registry cleaner several times, and as long as the Hal character screen displayed, Hal was fine.

If having the Character screen up helps, Robert could put up that warning somewhere.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 07:02:14 pm »
still doing a reg cleaner every other day! 30 days has come and gone , It does not work in the admin profile but I don't use Hal in that profile anyway.[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 10:56:38 pm »
I have been running reg cleaners and Hal for years now and haven't had a problem. The last time I had a problem I had to re-install Windows which is a common thing to do especially if it has been running years without a major problem and forgot to deactivate the license. Robert sent me a new license and everything was fine. I do have to get around to Robert because he did post that reg cleaners can corrupt your license. Just has not happened to me in years. I still run my reg cleaner but it is only if I feel things seem buggy or I added and deleted many new programs to try.

raybe