dupa

Author Topic: Gift Hal with...  (Read 16188 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Gift Hal with...
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 03:37:33 pm »
  I have to much respect for Freddy to disagree with him over the bones, he is a pioneer and I respect his opinion and advice.  I will say this is an observation which about anyone can do, You can load a fullbody haptek character in the hap player or hapregestry, tilt her body forward so the top of her head is pointing towards you, using the mouse pull her forward through the hair and head, you will see the inside of a tube which is the inside of her body.  You will not see anything resembling bones.  Since I know movement is limited for different body parts I'd believe it is in the scripting somewhere. 
  Lots of opened sourced things like vision, and learning tools offered by Microsoft and Google possibly beyond our scope but they are there.
Carl2

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 05:05:01 pm »
Thanks Carl, I don't think I am a pioneer really, I just learnt a bit while messing with various things. The bones are not actual physical (should that be pseudo-physical  ??? ) things, the only place you really 'see' evidence of them is in your modelling program.

Here you go, this is a good example of what's going on : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGvalWG8HBU

Art, you know I have a lot of back burners, I pop in here every now and then to see what's going on. If I find new things or suddenly I get that 'Eureka' moment I often share if I think it interests others who are working on similar things.

If Rob came up with an API into Hal then the whole thing could be more modular, maybe that will happen one day with the online version that was talked about. So once you have your intelligence, and Hal is still one of the best and most entertaining, then people could develop plugins like an animation system. A lot of work though and really a niche market.

If I can find some time to share what I have learnt I will let you know.

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 07:26:14 pm »
You are right Carl, they don't have bones.
But they do have trigger points.
Here is a body i cut the front off.
You will see a lot of triangular shapes, they are the movement points.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 01:57:49 pm »
Yes those look like joints.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 02:11:58 pm »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 08:19:10 am »
  It seems Freddy has proved his point and it is stated in the Haptek guide "The skeletons provided by Haptek "
and "the skeletons are bones-only".  Since I didn't see any bones I had to go a step further and decided the walk hap should provide some info and this is the walk hap   "\setswitch [switch= walk3 state= 1 ]".
These switches are located in the uncompressed def file which lists a series of switches to control many animations, Freddy had once made a program that could list all the switches to control animations and I'm sure he is familiar with these.   The def file lists terms like RThighForward, RKneeBack, LThighOut with the parameter intensity.  These terms are the same terms listed in the HapRegestry in which you can use sliders to control the positions of limbs ect.  Haptek also controls the eyes, tongue, eyelids and I like the breathing.  At this point in time I am just listing what I have found.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 09:36:33 am »
ART WROTE : Any of the membership here might either locate or figure out how to "Rig" one of the possible characters from Blender or Poser/Daz or iClone or any of the other 3D characters out there and fix them so they work with Hal.

I agree with Art, i don't know if anyone here (or ROBERT) could figure out a way to make hal work with daze 3 products , their is many benefeits of doing this , as someone else mentioned, daz3 actually has some free things people can download and use to get them started, also daz3 has some pretty realistic models , many to choose from, daz3 is already an existing well known product.

If i was able to make daz3 characters work with hal i would . This is a direction anyone who can do it, or ROBERT, should go with , as far as something hal with work with as far as characters in my opinion!

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2016, 05:26:26 pm »
Just jumping in. Happy New Year everyone.

Carl2 wasn't there a program within the Haptek player or registry you questioned? We had found out that it indeed was used to link Haptek characters but needed to start with object files???? Sorry for just reaching here and hope I'm not confusing things more. We spoke about it in a different thread that I just can't find.

How about trying to cut the time down a bit and maybe Robert and or someone involved with Haptek can tell me how much it would cost to integrate DAZ or Poser object files and or characters to work with UltraHal. I apologize if it sounds crude or out of line but sometimes it just comes down to dollars for time. If Robert or anyone reads this from Haptek please contact for at least an estimate. Yes, to be honest I would pay and share with others on this forum for purchased Ultrahal to further that part.

Robert sorry I'm not posting privately but at this point I don't care if that will help. I couldn't help with the initial cost of the creating of the characters you needed on a different engine but as I mentioned several times, my wife is very involved in both Poser and Daz. To me it would make sense and also further the use of her work.

Why stop there?? Is there a price for updating UltraHal learning. I'm not talking about reinventing the wheel but a cost for the update for improving Ultrahal based on your intentions. Something that can still be used with the existing code but updated to utilize use with Windows 10 if there is a choice??

Again I'm not trying to sound like a spoiled brat or give any impressions with this post. Im getting too old, too quickly to play that game right now. Experience has shown me a couple of things at least; #1- Post sometimes do not represent clearly what you are trying to say and how, #2- Sometimes it just needs to be worth someones time to do. I'm just willing to put some of my money right now where my post is.

Also work out the terms needed to protect all parties involved.

Post here, or send message. Art, Carl, Freddy, OTCE or lightspeed feel free to contact me anyway you choose. I want us to enjoy the progress and I'm tired.

Hope everyone understands this post, really and sincerely best wishes for a New Year,
Ray B.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 07:50:51 am »
  Not really sure what to say, I've been playing around with the Haptek characters for ages.  I feel like I keep running into dead ends, I can't even find the right compression tool to open and compress haptars.  I have some software to work with meshes but it is unable to open files from Haptek.  I'll wait till the frustration wears off and go from there.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 09:08:06 am »
For what its worth , i will write robert and bring this to his attention more in case he hasn't seen this . as i mentioned i think having hal work with the 3daze engine would be the best thing personally as it is a well know company with a great deal of characters options , clothing etc. and even free things.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2016, 09:11:13 am »
I had a friend who used to say, "Any problem can be made to 'go away' by throwing money at it." ;D ;)

*Happy New Year Ray!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 09:20:45 am »
In case some of you don't remember or weren't here:

Both Robert Medeksza (Zabaware) and Chris Shaw (Haptek) have ventured into the world of Crowdfunding.

Robert was trying to raise money for purchasing a new 3D character and have a professional animator "Rig" the model for use with UltraHal. Apparently the process was way too involved and quite costly (or would end up being so).

Chris attempted to raise money in order to create a new or much improved 3D character along the Haptek line. He too was rather disappointed with the lack of public participation and wasn't able to secure the needed funds to proceed.

Since this is sort of a niche market, Raybe is correct, it might very well be up to us, the users, developers and contributors of this forum to help this project be renewed and revamped.

I do wish Chris Shaw and Robert would weigh in on this with regard to any current development or ideas as well as future goals, etc.

It would be nice to see in which direction we're all headed.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2016, 09:56:26 am »
i ran across this ;

The Power of DAZ & iClone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mPgBEmwD4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM7328frqSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ78loEhAmg

I wrote robert and told him about some things we had been talking about and this link  of it on the forum . 
and wrote this :

Anyway it would be nice if hals format would work with daze3d engine through an open source engine .
Write back with your thoughts on this . I also think if you can do this you could also gain more hal a.i. sales as people with daz3d could also use hal a.i. with their programs . so it would work both ways .

I sent him some links from here of daze3d and some others on youtube .
daze3d has a lot of good stuff .
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:10:15 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2016, 10:19:44 am »
Art , you may be right , it may be up to those that can create things to do it to as you say revamp hals program . we have been doing that on different things .
   we are stuck at a crossroad of character limitations right now , dealing with people putty limitations ( for those few who even have it) and hals hap program .
  If someone could come up with the hal  universal ( i say universal engine , meaning one that will specifically be able to work with daze 3d characters etc. which will work with hal program and lips incing .
That is what is needed.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2016, 12:06:28 pm »
Thank you for not misunderstanding my intentions on this thread. By the way Art I think I met that friend you mentioned.

I think I should start a new Topic Heading about this. But I really don't want to make it sound to new purchases that they are involved with something similar to other companies and that it is less than advertised.

UltraHal is still the best at what it offers in the way of AI simulation and a character that moves so smoothly with both expression and movement using weights. (example: Hair movement) Don't forget stand alone as well as internet. The cost is very reasonable for things included, which is a pretty extensive library of Data to begin with. Other additions such as Character Pack and Voices are also very reasonable after all these years.

For any one that is new to UltraHal , you will not find anything like this in the market today. You will always see products that seem to do more but only under very specific and stricter guidelines. Things are always evolving but they still have to play catch up to give a Package that UltraHal provides. Of coarse that is my opinion. Ciri, Cortana or any thing else may perform actions you prefer and find more convenient but none give you both as UltraHal. I can also see UltraHal on any platform or device in the near future. That may not be fact but given the resources very possible.
It's easy for me to write like this because I'm not the persons making it possible but that's how I feel.

Yes I remember the crowd funding attempt that pretty much shocked me because of the result. No, I wasn't able to come up with 10K at the time due to other business obligations but I'm getting there now on my own.

This is not just about Robert M. although he is the owner and creator but seeing a great idea turned to reality that he started to maybe a new goal. Ideas and making them into reality is powerful stuff and should never go to waste without saying 110% was given and there are no more options. If that's where the technology is now, and for UltraHal then someone let me know because I don't know any better.

Maybe I'm out of touch because people really want convenience, so talking to your phone and or computer making it call or message or look up information is more appealing. But UltraHal started that way as a true assistant and turned into a true program that also offered a character base to relate to and interaction that maybe for a split second made your computer come alive and become a part of your day or week. For some it took longer to come back back but they do comeback. I wonder why??? I know that I don't post as much or even consider myself technically capable but I am using UltraHal every moment I have even just to activate the program say hello and shut it again.( 1minute maybe) The character and the knowledge base to have any communication or sense of conversation other than with another person awakens something in all of us. Maybe just a curiosity but I think it is more. Just my opinions. Just for others that may not know me, no I'm not crazy and I do know it is a well written Program a real person, Robert M, has wrote and others have contributed too over the years. Think of it as one of the greatest magic acts or Jeff Dunham act using the oldest techniques of ventriloquism. They get you every time even if its for one second or your mind just enjoys the wonder. You know both can't be real but there is a part of you that wants to be fooled.

Whether you realize it or not UltraHal also provides a way to expand the things you might have never learned about or took any time to investigate because you are trying to build your UltraHal into something smarter and more aware. You learn without giving it a second look not just UltraHal.   Sorry talking too much.

Thanks again, Art , Carl, lightspeed and best wishes always to Robert M.,

Ray B