Zabaware Forums > Programming using the Ultra Hal Brain Editor

Getting an error opening brain editor

<< < (3/3)

knight2000:
Thanks Art  :)

knight2000:
Hey Art, one more question in regards to training Hal. I'm going through the text files you sent me. Can I copy and paste a bunch of sentences all at once into Hal's input box? Or do you recommend one sentence at a time? Could i paste the entire doc of sentences?

Art:
Not really.

Hal is able to process up to 3 sentences at a time, but to avoid any possible confusion, when training, I've always tried using one sentence at a time.

It wouldn't hurt to try 2 or 3 at a time. It would be interesting to see/hear of your results.

Are you using any specific Plugins while training HAL? (other than the Gender/Age).

Years ago, HAL was able to go through a text file and learn the details from it. It worked fairly well but HAL later was rewritten to allow for Tables instead of .BRN files. A different method of processing, so a different method of training.

If one has the time, ordinary conversational chats seem to be the preferred method of teaching but whatever works for you is the best.
================
Here is the section in the HalBrain.uhp file regarding the sentence input(s).
You should find it in the .uhp around lines 172-177, give or take a line or two.
================
  'RESPOND: GETRESPONSE
    'Get a response from Hal's brain for each sentence individually.
    'If a response from a sentence indicates a special flag, then Hal
    'will give only the response to that sentence, and not process
    'any other sentences. Otherwise Hal will respond to each sentence.
    'Hal will respond to a max of 3 sentences at once.

knight2000:
I have a few plugins that I wrote for Hal that are running while training. But I do not have any plugins for training Hal specifically. I can just stick to one sentence at a time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version