dupa

Author Topic: antivirus and antispyware programs  (Read 2863 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
antivirus and antispyware programs
« on: December 08, 2006, 12:05:27 pm »
to all concerned i found a great site called major geeks that has alot of freeware programs including avg anitivirus and also a avg antispyware that is also free . both great programs i have used for a long time if i get a virus that can't be healed it is moved into a virus vault where it cant hurt anything or i can delete it which i usually do. if you havent been to major geeks web site , i highly recomend it , theirs alot of good stuff on their you can use . [:D]p.s. i have in the past gotten that same program that tries to say your p.c. is infected and to try some antivirus software , i used my xp restore and restored it to a day before i had the problem and the problem was uninstalled and gone !! [:)]

onthecuttingedge2005

antivirus and antispyware programs
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:28:31 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

to all concerned i found a great site called major geeks that has alot of freeware programs including avg anitivirus and also a avg antispyware that is also free . both great programs i have used for a long time if i get a virus that can't be healed it is moved into a virus vault where it cant hurt anything or i can delete it which i usually do. if you havent been to major geeks web site , i highly recomend it , theirs alot of good stuff on their you can use . [:D]p.s. i have in the past gotten that same program that tries to say your p.c. is infected and to try some antivirus software , i used my xp restore and restored it to a day before i had the problem and the problem was uninstalled and gone !! [:)]

Hi lightspeed.

I have used Major Geeks website for about 10 years, becareful though, Major Geeks also has some hidden bugs from private programmers in the downloads, not all the downloads are safe, even Major Geeks says to download at your own risk. I have seen some very useful programs in the past that are safe. just make sure you do a virus scan before you download.

Jerry[8D]