dupa

Author Topic: I'm coming back at it!  (Read 2144 times)

bitblaster

• View Profile
I'm coming back at it!
« on: June 17, 2016, 07:41:01 pm »
Hey all,

I've taken years away from chatbots and AI, but I'm back!

I bought a laptop for college, and it has a microphone array, windows 10... so anxious to see if it'll be a good assistant, I was thinking I'd love something that I could use on the laptop so I Can type at my other machine and just be able to get things done... and I remembered I bought Hal years ago.

I'm anxious to see what new add-ons are available as well as more haptek characters.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I'm coming back at it!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 08:27:12 am »
Welcome back.

Some of us old timers are still here and there's been a lot of new members as well.

Some good news and bad news.
Bad news - Haptek seems to have closed its doors. Any support can usually be found here from the membership as long as it is something with the product operation more or less. The People Putty program was last known to run decently with Windows XP. Some with 7 said they managed to get it to run but not well. So if you want to create new characters, use an XP machine IF you still have a copy of the People Putty program otherwise, you can't get it from Haptek any longer.

Good news - There are a lot of Haptek characters that some of us have either made with their product, People Putty or have found at other sources and saved the haptar or htr files.
There are several sources that have a variety of characters.

A good assistant...hmm...well, that would depend on your definition of "good".

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -