Author Topic: plug in "invalid character " error !  (Read 8180 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: plug in "invalid character " error !
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 06:45:53 pm »
Yeah...I should have remembered that but heck I can't remember too much of the stuff I've forgotten any more!! :o

After I renamed both to lstvtrivia, they ran perfectly...no errors! That was the ticket.  Good one Tiger8u2!!!!
(the Name inside the Plugin near the top and the file name to which the file is saved) - (for benefit of newer or
older forgetful members).  ;D
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: different plug in new error !
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 07:54:14 pm »
I AM working on a different plug in error now on my extended talk , I had changed corrected some things and now am getting an error . ( funny thing is I don't see how it was working before without errors as it has spaces where it shouldn't in lines )
the weird thing is that it is giving me an error line 2192 in column 224 expected end of statement , I have went through the whole thing and see nothing , I used crimpson editor and my lines only go to 1288 column 7 not 2192 .
 SO I am not sure how to track it down I tried status bar to and have the same problem .
Anyone have any idea why this is doing this ?
I also tried opening my angela brain and have the same problem . the lines don't go that high to trace it and find it .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 04:45:47 am »
Lonnie,

Was this one of the brains that was modified via cload's AIML and the VRFreeWill?

(Do you have to use the SqliteStudio to open it or just the Hal Brain Editor?)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 08:28:20 am »
I did use the amil file with this brain at one time but removed it later as it changed my pre set questions I had already done but I also used cloads  plug in . I have also tried using useing the regular hal brain default with this plug in and still get the same error .
I re downloaded SQLite
and here is a pic showing the last lines as high as it goes .
To me this simply doesn't make sense it's showing an error line higher then what I have , it's the same way if I open it through the hal editor . I only have one plug in checked , so no others are interfering with it .
 I have also exited hal and reopened it , and have the same problem , I even restarted my pc and tried hal , still have the same problem .
If Robert is around , Robert do you have any idea what is causing this ?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:50:09 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 07:51:12 pm »
Does anyone have any idea from why it's showing a higher line error number then what I have ?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 09:06:23 pm »
WEll I did find some errors by going just line by line I found two response lines one after the other  and corrected that and some double spaces between some words so I am checking line by line still am up to line 110. may do the others tomorrow am getting burnt out on it , whew !
it still though doesn't make sense showing a line error that's higher then how many lines I have .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 11:04:00 am »
      well I finally got my plug in working again , but I did everything to do it like going line by line checking for spaces etc. 500 lines (whew) and it still gave me the same error , I then copied and replaced some of the same stuff in the other part of the plug in (thinking something might have gotten messed up , and I still had the errors . so I found my original plug in  and put it in and it worked fine , but something I did notice is this one doesn't have a random number on the timer , so maybe this was something to do with the error I was getting ! thanks anyway to all who tried to help, man sometimes glitches can drive a person crazy !