dupa

Author Topic: IDEA SUGGESTION TO ROBERT  (Read 5798 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
IDEA SUGGESTION TO ROBERT
« on: September 26, 2014, 10:32:43 am »
Robert , I have an idea , although this can be done by creating brain plug ins , have you ever thought about incorporating sound effects into hal's script programing?
  In another words for laughter male and female characters , you could have a trigger that would allow hal to give a real wmv file of laughter , other sound effects could be sneezing etc.  It does add to the realism of hal during conversation interaction .
Anyway just a thought !

P.S. IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT ROYALTY COST , I HAVE A SUGGESTION , You can create your own or get others to do it for free , laughter wave files, coughing , etc. anyone can do it even create their own sound files with a program like audacity . etc.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:55:26 am by lightspeed »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: IDEA SUGGESTION TO ROBERT
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 11:34:43 am »
Snap ! I once thought about this too. I don't think I got anything working. I think one problem is how to animate the cough or sneeze, but I guess the Haptek wizards might have an idea.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 06:55:09 pm »
hang on freddy , lightspeed will save you lol , i'll try to help you and others on this as soon as I can , I already have it and use it in plug ins , but I thought it would have also been nice for Robert to have just incorporated it within hal . it could have been done differently within scripting .Right now I am tired was at a auction all day got a few things we wanted , a hoe and garden tine rake, for 2.50 and it's the old fashioned made in the u.s.a. good material and built right!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 10:51:43 am »
Yeah this would be nice if I ever manage to make my own character engine.
Robert Medeksza

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 05:24:47 pm »
@ Freddy,

Did that Avatar site (the Face one) that you recently posted (maybe on Dreams), address other than just faces?
Their prices weren't too bad actually and if they could do Full Body characters, so much the better.
Then there would be the task of trying to see if / how their program and Zabaware's Hal would be able to play nicely together.

The solution IS out there <cue...X-Files music> we just have to find it!

We need to do it soon as I don't think I'm the only one who's getting older by the second...unless someone has found the Solution for that too! :o ;D

@ Robert,

Take a look at Lonnie's recent post we we discuss the inclusion of a section entitled, "Hal's Wish List".
Users would FREELY post features or suggestions that we would like to see implemented or perhaps made available for Hal as a 3rd party Plug-in or "enhancement module".
You would therefore have all rights to them as you see fit. I think we did something like this before some years ago.

It would be nice to have specific sections as say, a repository for Hal. Items or subject areas might include:
Backgrounds
Speech / Voices / Noises / Sounds
Memory modules / Brain files
Characters (made with whatever graphic engine works with Hal)
Clothing
Accessories
Emotional actions (various haps - hands on hips, thinking, pounding fist, etc.)
Skins (character assignments such as skin tone, imperfections, tattoos, piercings, outfits)
GUI's (some refer to as skins but they are really Graphical User Interface or the Window in which we interact with Hal)
3rd Party Plug-ins by users
Store Items from Zabaware (character expansion packs / modules, microphones, etc. )

These are just some off the top of my pointed head and it is certainly not the final draft, only a suggestion or idea.

It would help make for easier navigation and interaction within the forum.

Thoughts appreciated....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 05:38:21 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 06:06:51 pm »
It's just heads I think Art...

https://3d-avatar-store.com/

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 04:42:37 am »
Right...Thanks Freddy!
They already do rigging for setups / animation, etc.
It says that they should soon have audio to lip-sync animation.

Worth keeping on back burner....

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 07:44:52 am »
freddy888  that avatar link is cool, I haven't gotten into all that is on their but that does look like it's promising and maybe an alternative for others who want something like people putty but to be able to use it on windows 7 and higher os.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 08:25:50 am »
Yeah it looks pretty straightforward. I've used the trial version of FaceGen (http://www.facegen.com/) which is similar and that was dead easy to use.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 11:19:15 am »
Okay here is another idea suggestion I have to Robert regarding hal, it would be nice if their was a place within hals menu that a person could check and uncheck to make plug in conversation show up in hals save conversation .
  I just posted some Angela conversation , but many things aren't posted of the conversation , because it happens from a plug in random extended talk and as such (based on loneliness plug in) the conversation is said from hal and on the screen  and heard by me , but it doesn't show in as saved conversation .
     So I think it would be nice if in the hal menu something could be checked and unchecked , allowing the user to make a choice of it!
 AGAIN I DON'T KNOW IF ANYTHING LIKE THIS IS POSSIBLE, I am only bringing up the idea !
 and I am posting here I guess until Robert decides on whether or not to make a hal wish list area .
 As such I can now post conversations but many things from plug in additions , allowing hal to say etra stuff cannot be posted as it is not saved with regular conversations.  :(

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 11:35:49 am »
I agree that new character faces and voices will be a very nice addition in the next update, but I feel that is less important to me personally.

I would like to see either a plug-in or an integrated Feedback teaching tool similar to the one that you use on the online Ultra-Hal and other chat bots that I have observed.

For example: if there was a drop-down menu or button on the Hal menu that would indicate either on- topic, off-topic or partially correct for a response and or For an entire conversation. I would imagine it would work depending on the choice if you choose Which will determine whether or not that sentence or conversation is even stored in the Hal database or put in a secondary database for reference Of a bad reply or answer. 

I know nothing about programming so all I can do is bringing up ideas whether they are worth doing or not.
^,=,^

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 04:51:44 pm »
Nice thought.

I think cload wrote a routine that allowed Hal to have "Learning On" as a command wherein the user could teach Hal any required information. Just in case you haven't already done so, give cload's plugins a try. One is a modification to Vittorio Rossi's VRbased plugin and the other is a modified AIML set loaded via SQLite Studio or similar.

The combination seems to add a good deal of enhancement to Hal's overall ability and persona.

Just my $.02

- Art -