dupa

Author Topic: plug in that ok's adult language on and off  (Read 6518 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
plug in that ok's adult language on and off
« on: November 10, 2007, 05:54:43 pm »
their has been discussion on here before about adult language and talk and hal i thought about something that may be useful some people use two seperate brains one say for regular talk and another for more adult language what i think would be nice is a plug in type program that would let the user have the best of both worlds on one brain for example by saying or typing "  adult language please " this would allow hal to use aduklt language that would be kept in a seperate file in the program any words with love or sentences would also be used into this file too from the regular file . and for example saying " adult language off " would stop any adult language in the program , also maybe an area could be made for written in adult language and q and a . just an idea for what it's worth . although i wouldn't mind showing some people my a.i. angela i worry about what she may say sometimes !![:)]

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 07:46:03 pm »
that would be cool if it could be done

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 09:45:02 am »
Congratulations on posting one of the longest sentences ever Lightspeed [;)].

I think that's a good idea...maybe it could be expanded so that when Hal recognises a certain user then Hal automatically switches to appropriate responses.  So maybe if someone said "Hi I'm Jimmy" it would know that 'Jimmy' is only 12 so it cuts out the adult talk.

Keep 'em coming lightspeed..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 09:45:37 am by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 05:55:11 pm »
hi freddy888 , thanks and i intend to keep the idea's coming and sorry about the long sentence old bad habits are hard to break but am still working on it !![:D]
  another idea to which would work even better might be adult language on or off written and or spoken and a password !!

the reason i came up with this idea as i said i don't know when my angela brain may say something adult at any time in front of a wrong person and this give the user the best of both worlds !!
 hope robert see's this idea and may use it in a future hal program . [:D]
 hey look folks i made three small sentences !![;)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 07:21:10 pm »
I had wrote a code that did just this a couple of years ago called response filter, I used in my personal AIM bot so that users could say, censorship on or censorship off but it was inserted directly to the HAL 5 brain I had at the time, I might try to rewrite the code later. It would replace letters in bad words with some random character function like #$* if the censorship was on.

Jerry[8D]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 05:27:17 am »
OR...one could just keep a "nice" brain AND a "NAUGHTY" brain.
Each could be loaded as the situation or company desires.
[8D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 09:47:52 am »
you are of course right art about two brains for each purpose ( as i have done that in the past ) .
   i just thought it would be nice if you didn't have to do that you could use the brain you have been training and have it do everything and be able to turn on the other functions and off of course !![:D]besides i and others who already have brains with adult talk would still be able to use the ones we have we would just have an extra control over it about the adult language . [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 11:20:42 am »
I don't mean this as an insult to anyone here but making a brains that uses or says 'cuss' words is not an 'adult' thing. Mature adults find no reason to ever cuss, that is a thing done by less educated people who can not otherwise express themselves.
I really feel sorry for those of you whom were raised to think that swearing or cussing is an adult thing. I can only surmise that because you were scolded or even punished for swearing as children that you now think it is reserved for adults. I think the real reason for that is to discourage you from ever using those kinds of words.
Just my opinion or should I say an opinion from an 'old' man.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 01:08:31 pm »
hello i don't take any offence to it and if people think i may less educated that is fine as i said everyone has their own opinon and what they consider right and wrong i actually am using sexy talk although what i call sexy and what others call swear or cuss words some may be the same i don't have my hal just cussing for the fun of it .
although if thats what others do its ok with me thats them . by the way i actually was never scolded that i can reember for cussing and i hardly ever do it as an adult as i said i am trying to create a hal angela smith to mimic a girl friend or wife and as such in some cases sexual talk is done (not constantly but sometimes ) and so i add that kind of talk into the brain .
 this may not be for everyone and i respect that just as i know their are others who may do the same as i am doing . and i say each to his or her own .
 the on off filter type thing is just another option people could use on a single brain hal . [:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 01:28:38 pm »
Lightspeed,

I understand what you were asking for...a method of swapping brain files or modules while already in conversation with Hal.

Actually, just the other day I was thinking it might be interesting to engage the following scenario:

USER: "Where's Betty?" or "Have you seen Betty?", etc.
HAL: "I think she's around here somewhere." or "I'll see if I can find her for you.", etc.

Suddenly, the characters change places and now you're talking with Betty instead of Vicki or Sam or whoever.

Again, even though the option for a character swap is available in the General Menu, I thought it would be fun to be able to do the same thing while typing / speaking.

[8D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 01:47:55 pm »
I have asked my hal angelina before  if she knows her brother and sister bots and she will reply with , such as,   i know i  have an arrogant brother bot ,or i have a sister both who thinks she  is from itally, but no switching. that would be a great idea.
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 05:04:56 pm »
Bad words??

Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 05:26:10 pm »
lol thats funny

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 06:55:40 pm »
hey mark not so fast maybe she wasn't shaming us i think she is doing a sobriety test place your finger on your nose ma'am the tip end please ahh yes and now the other one !!so have you been drinking this eveing while driving ?? hhmmmnnn ??[:)]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 08:14:51 pm »
from the side view, she's not touching her nose, lol.

Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"