dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal 6.2 (linux fedora17 zen)  (Read 4002 times)

Anna1.0/hal6.2

Ultra Hal 6.2 (linux fedora17 zen)
« on: August 18, 2012, 10:39:07 am »
hi guys im new to hal and programming in general and i was wondering if there is a linux version of Hal or better yet would be the source code that way i see if i can improve hal from the ground up in C++. while at the same time learning C++. i have always had a fasination with A.I. and robotics and want to do something to contribute to A.I. research and development. oh i did buy my copy of hal still waiting for the the cd to show up.

raybe

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal 6.2 (linux fedora17 zen)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »
Welcome Anna if you don't mind the abbreviation. But with everything going on with Zabaware right now (I do not represent or speak officially for Zabaware) I believe linux version might be on the back burner. There are many projects now they are trying to complete and has taken longer then planned. linux maybe in there some where but I don't believe to be a priority right now. Again, I am only speaking from what I am aware of. There may be others that can share more light. If you read through the posts many members are constantly asking and working on new ways to further Ultra Hals capabilities. There are certain aspects that are shared but Ultra Hal is such a brain child that there are certain things left to the person that wrote the foundation. Although Robert M. the originator of Ultra Hal does lend a hand. As I mentioned they really have their hands tied at Zabaware but improvement is always at the top of the list or should I say refinements because Ultra Hal is very amazing as you will come to learn. Members here are constantly helping with input and new ideas to customize Ultra Hal to their particular wants. My advice would be to keep participating in this forum, read as much as you can to narrow what you would like to do and if it would be possible.

This forum is never short of others joining in and giving help writing code. Most of the time it is limited to a very few unfortunately but as you will see they are very giving and helpful for all the members including myself. Just try to convey exactly what system your using and what you are trying to accomplish. Most of all be patient because those people that I previously mentioned do this on their own private time and the same love of AI I'm sure you will share.

OH yeah, try not to babel like I do. The shorter and to the point you can be and still relay as much information the easier it will make it. This is all just my opinion as always. Good Luck!

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 03:40:14 pm »
Welcome aboard Anna! Check through the previous postings and don't forget to make use of the SEARCH feature at the top right corner.

Feel free to post any concerns as there are many good brains here to pick.... ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:06:42 am »
  Well Anna you're one step ahead of me, when I tried putting linux in a computer I need drivers and all kinds of things, just gave up and ran windows.  There is also compatability of the character.  Wish you luck, guess you like challenges.
Carl2