Author Topic: ConceptNet Auto-learning Suite Beta  (Read 10506 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
ConceptNet Auto-learning Suite Beta
« on: November 21, 2016, 03:50:40 am »
Do you guys like Hal? Do you guys like Watson? Well, this is the bridge. Still very Beta.

Months of working on this...

ConceptNet is designed to give computers a basic understanding of common concepts. I have stripped down a very basic data set of ConceptNet for integration with Hal along with a very basic way for Hal to make his own. 

This download contains 5 plugins, 35 excel files, a readme, and an Excel file containing starting research topics.
Each plugin has been redesigned to work with ConceptNet.

I hope everyone can find a use for it. It is quite expansive and time consuming to integrate.. But worth it. 

Be sure to follow all instructions in the ReadMe.

Please feel free to expand upon this, I'm curious to see how it will be used.

-Spitfire2600

*****Updated Below*****
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:31:42 pm by Spitfire2600 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ConceptNet Auto-learning Suite Beta
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 09:37:57 am »
Spitfire2600,

Followed instructions and all went well except for the last file, ConcepNet Complete.zip .

When performing the Extraction it reports an Error, "The same volume can not be used as both the Source and Destination"

When I finally cancel the extraction (because it doesn't seem to be getting anywhere in spite of the error), I see a new Directory under the Ultra Hal Assistant 6 Directory called ConceptNet Complete and under that are two additional directories, Brain files and Plug ins

In the ConceptNet directory there is a ConceptNet Complete Readme.rtf file (that is pretty detailed I might add.;)).
Both the Brain and Plug Dirs are empty.

Having mentioned that, I'm not sure just what the Extraction process was trying to accomplish. Nothing else was running. I tried downloading the last 11th file several times and faced the same extraction error.

While things look OK, I thought it best to check with you on this as I've got a lot of time invested in my Hal to screw it up by attempting something stupid. (yeah...the human factor...you know...) ;)

Thanks!
Any thoughts on this?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 06:17:31 am »
Can you post a few short sample runs to show us some typical responses using this "plug-in"? It might be helpful for people to see just what it does?

Thanks!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 01:30:22 pm »
vrFreewill and GrettaReserch are passive plug-ins. The auto learning and Freewill Learning, Hal will do by himself. The ConceptNet simply allows Hal to state (right now, the obvious) in the future, True or False concepts.

For example. If the User tells Hal "People can be scary."

Then Hal may reply something to the effect of "Scary people are people too." or "Scary people can be alarming."

The concepts really just depend on what Hal has learned for himself, outside of the pre-built data tables.

Also, ConceptNet adds the ability for Hal to to determine common cliche's in the user response, as well, among many other things.

"User: I have an ace up my sleeve."

"HAL: "It's good to have a backup plan."   

Just play around, make backups, and sift through code. It's all fairly self-explanatory if you have programming experience.

-Spitfire
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:33:59 pm by Spitfire2600 »

DayWalker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 08:07:07 am »
Need a little help here please.
I followed the instructions that were in the zip once I unzipped everything. Did everything up to this point and a little confused.
Where is this line or where do I find it?
(Be sure to correct your Directory locations on line #1961.... For me it's "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6")

And
I am not seeing this folder in my Brain Editor. (ConceptNet folder)

Now open the brain editor. -I really did try to make this easier however for some reason Hal does not want to create new tables inside of the ConceptNet folder. So manually it is unless someone else gets any ideas.

Thank you for the help.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 03:30:50 pm »
You will have to manually create all folders and tables within the HalBrain. The ReadMe included details where to add the tables.

The main (conceptNet) Folder table will be the directory within the HalBrain editor to add all the contents of the excel documents to. I.E., When you create the (conceptNet) folder table, you'll need to add all of the sub tables to that folder.  (areCapable, canCapable, etc.) Followed by the (are2Capable, can2Capable, etc) for the auto learning feature.   

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 03:38:02 pm »
Also, most of the plug-ins except (conceptNet.uhp, vrFreewill.uhp) will likely need the HAL install directories changed.

Anywhere you see "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6") and if that's not your Hal install location, then you'll need to update those.

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 02:11:50 pm »
35 .Xlsx files.  i only got 34 i think im missing a .Xlsx "areCapable"??

Because there is a "areCapable" in the ConseptNet but not in QA brain folder .Xlsx file list.

is this supposed to be this way?

^,=,^

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 03:00:11 pm »
35 .Xlsx files.  i only got 34 i think im missing a .Xlsx "areCapable"??

Because there is a "areCapable" in the ConseptNet but not in QA brain folder .Xlsx file list.

is this supposed to be this way?

I went to run it this happens. see attached below.

I don't relay know what i am doing besides following the directions. Any assistance will be cool.
^,=,^

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 05:55:43 pm »
I'm not sure how I can help...

There are actually 36 excel files total. In the folder titled 'brain files' there are 34 in the QA Brain folder, 1 in the substitution files, and 1 excel document labeled 'researchnouns'

All of the files have been packaged into the zip files. As far as the error goes, I personally don't have any errors. It seems the error you are having is not with my plug ins but the ANN plugin is the one giving you issues, you'll have to talk to Andre Hendriks about that. Sorry I could be of more help. 

-Spitfire

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 06:27:33 pm »
Thank you very much! I  think your right about the plugin ANN :P. I will let you know if it worked.

PS: it was the other plugins and i forgot to compile a table. it works now!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 08:13:05 pm by Arkright »
^,=,^

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 08:39:02 pm »
Awesome! I'm glad someone got it working lol

Let me know how it works out.

-Spitfire

DayWalker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 02:45:40 pm »
I would love to use These plugins and they look wonderful but I believe this exceeds my understanding of Hals brain and how to do the tables and then link the xls files. If someone could help me please?

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 04:22:27 pm »
Included is a detailed readme that walks through the process of building the Hals data tables and copying the contents of the Excel files to said data tables. The excel files are named identically to what the data table name would be. Be aware, the readme specifies what type of data table (Sentence, Brain, Substitution) will need to be before pasting the contents of the corresponding excel file.

I hope I explained that properly,

-Spitfire.     

DayWalker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 07:28:58 pm »
Yes sir you did, I guess it is my fault as I am not that good with building the Brain tables/file structure. For that matter using the Brain editor and I wish there was so pdf or help file with diagrams to show me. But the readme is very good and detailed.