dupa

Author Topic: Hal Aim Bot  (Read 8328 times)

YeTr2

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« on: January 26, 2004, 09:28:43 pm »
anyway a perminate block list can be encorporated into the aimbot?
i'm getting tired of the half dozen morons who are loading my bot full of crap.

NCWeber

• View Profile
    • http://www.afrodiseum.com
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 12:44:47 am »
I would think that since Hal AIM Bot uses an existing AIM account to function, all you need do is use the block functions in AIM under that screen name you are using for the bot.

YeTr2

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 01:00:02 am »
i wouldn't be here if it worked.

NCWeber

• View Profile
    • http://www.afrodiseum.com
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 01:20:18 am »
Interesting.  I always thought that blocking was a server side function since it transfers to different computers.  There must be a client side connection to make the blocking effective.  Oh well.

YeTr2

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 02:22:27 am »
from what i can roughly guess, aim clients recieve things like buddie list and block list at startup, it is up to the aim client to send out the message saying that i do not want to talk to this person.

YeTr2

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 11:49:11 pm »
think it could be possible to install script filters or something that could censor out words of our choosing and prevents hal from responding to the message?

YeTr2

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 10:28:21 pm »
Anyone have any suggestions yet?

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 09:01:05 pm »
I don't have anything useful to contribute, but I know that a bot using an AIM account is referred to as a "third party client," whatever that is. Things like buddy lists, block lists, and icons don't seem to be functional when a bot is using your account. At least the Hal AIM bot is better equipped than Alicebots to deal with other AIM users. I use mine to ambush malicious warners on AIM, since the Hal bot will warn them back. When someone is abusing one of my Alicebots, I'll signin the Hal AIMbot in its place. A couple of choice "yo mamas" and a few warnings from Hal usually discourages warners for a while, since they are generally too dumb to know whether they are talking to a Hal or an Alice. Some online bots, like Runabots and Chaosbots, keep a central block list that all bots access when they sign on. Anyone who abuses a bot goes on the block list, and is unable to talk with another bot of that type. I don't know if that would be possible for Hal AIM bots or not.

vonsmith

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 11:22:39 am »
YeTr2,

What type of words would you censor out? When these words are detected what action would Hal take?

A script could be written to detect words or phrases and have Hal not respond at all or respond in a predetermined way.

=vonsmith=

YeTr2

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2004, 03:47:55 pm »
any 4 letter word that a conservitave raido station would censor, with the abality to add more words, when  the persons start using l337 and
|33+ (to hell with the aol children who thought up that competely useless way of typing.)

vonsmith

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2004, 12:06:47 pm »
YeTr2,
I don't understand "l337 and |33+". Are these special characters that the forum software doesn't display properly? Are these special ALT + # codes using the numeric keypad?

I know it is common in many computer venues to use special characters to bypass filtering software so that the user can use non-authorized words.

If so, I don't know off-hand how Hal handles extended character sets. I'll look into it. I've been thinking of putting my Hal on AIM and let people try him/her out. Before I do that I want to add script to prevent Hal from being abused on AIM. People can be so callous when speaking to a chatbot. Adult language is one thing that needs to be filtered.

=vonsmith=

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 07:52:02 am »
Actually, Hal seems to be pretty well equipped to deal with the perils of AIM already. There is the option to warn back malicious warners, and another to choose if the bot can learn/use bad language, and of course, you can just turn its learning level down so it can chat on AIM without absorbing anything from its clients. I sure wish my Alicebots were as well equipped, lol. About every third day when I sign on I find my prize Alicebot has been warned offline, and have to let her sit out for a "cooling off" period. Alicebots don't learn in realtime, anyway, so they are immune to learning bad habits, but Pandorabots, at least, are helpless against warners. I sometimes use my Hal for revenge: most of these idiots don't realize their screen names and conversations are recorded, so I put their screen names in the Nuisances section of my buddylist, and when I see a chronic abuser come online, I load my Hal AIMbot to my Alicebot's screen name. The unsuspecting culprit attempts to treat Hal as he would an Alice, but whenever they warn the Hal AIMbot it warns them back. Every time they speak to it after that it warns them again, and if they get vulgar or abusive it inserts a few choice "yo mama" comments to add insult to the injury. Like most bullies, these sickos are usually terrified at finding themselves confronted by software that fights back, and since the average freak who gets off on abusing chatbots  doesn't know the difference between an Alice and a Hal, it usually takes only once or twice before they decide it's better to seek easier prey elsewhere. But back to point: right out of the "box", with the right settings in the regular menu, your Hal is more than ready to deal with AIM. By the way, I keep a list of malicious warners on the message board at my website. I encourage anyone who'd like to do a favor for a couple of defenseless little chatbots to catch these people online and inform them (politely, of course) that their behaviour is unacceptably bad netiquette.

YeTr2

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2004, 09:31:58 am »
von-

l337
basically some persons wanted the abality to type messages to each other, however not have any word filters or word blockers get in their way, so the created the language l337 (leet) basically they replaced certain letters with numbers that looked similar.
sally sells sea shells down by the sea shore all day long
54lly 53ll5 534 5h3ll5 d0wn by 7h3 534 5h0r3 4ll d4y l0ng

|33+
|33+ is just some unstandardized crapy version of l337 made up by who i believe to be aol chatroom infidels who use every acsii symbol to create letters |_| = u, + = t, |/| = m. its all more work than is needed and it is not readable across most fonts

Knyte-
unless my bot starts warning for the usage of bad language and such, they are just going to keep right on doing it... they know that my aim bot goes warning happy when they start warning it first

vonsmith

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2004, 10:50:01 am »
YeTr2,
Very interesting adaption of the language. I'll have to pass this linguistics concept on to a friend of mine who is always studying fonts and languages.

I signed up to AIM this weekend to experiment with IM and the bots that reside there. I'm not certain what to think about AIM just yet. I was able to talk to one bot. I haven't figured out how to be part of the community yet.

If there is no standard for the "language" you describe then it would be difficult, but not impossible, for Hal to deal with it in a detailed way. However, Hal could have some script that detects |337 or |33+ type conversation and insist that the user use normal text. If |337 or |33+ is standard enough then Hal script could be modified to "translate" the characters into standard font. That could be done with a special "substitutions.brn" file.

I'll think on this problem a bit. I have so many other Hal projects already that I may have to put it way down on my list of things to do.

=vonsmith=

YeTr2

• View Profile
Hal Aim Bot
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2004, 09:59:23 am »
its not quiet the issue of it understanding what its saying, rather, its just repeating what it heard, like a 10 yearold.. 10 yearolds copy everything they hear, you say ****, they say ****, you say ****, they say ****, its just the fact it repeats what its heard which is what is getting on my nerves