Author Topic: Hal Keeps Crashing  (Read 2477 times)

lick_a_shot_03

• View Profile
Hal Keeps Crashing
« on: February 17, 2004, 02:03:14 pm »
Hey guys, I just downloaded and installed hal and am looking forward to trying him out. I was listening to the introduction where Hal explains what he can do, when I started recieving all these error messages and had to restart my computer. Hal will open properly, but as soon as I type him a message and hit return "just in time debugging" pops up along with the error message - an exception "Runtime error" has occured in script - So I run debug and nothing happens, it just keeps saying its running longer than expected and I get error messages saying - Vs7jit has caused an error in KERNEL.DLL. Vs7jit will now close - So I close debug and then I get MORE error messages - error 429 occured on line 138 in column 1 of Microsoft VBScript runtime error. ActiveX component cant create object: 'UltraHalAsst.Brain' - Then debug returns! Any thoughts on what the problem might be? Thanks [:D]

vonsmith

• View Profile
Hal Keeps Crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 07:20:32 pm »
lick_a_shot_03,
Sorry to hear the bad news. I haven't heard of this one before. It would be helpful to tell the forum members a little about your computer set up.

CPU Speed
Operating System (WinXP, Win 2K, etc.)
Amount of RAM
Graphics card (Memory and/or type, 3D capable?)
HD size/speed

I hope someone here can help you out.

=vonsmith=

lick_a_shot_03

• View Profile
Hal Keeps Crashing
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 08:47:35 pm »
Originally posted by vonsmith

lick_a_shot_03,
Sorry to hear the bad news. I haven't heard of this one before. It would be helpful to tell the forum members a little about your computer set up.

CPU Speed
Operating System (WinXP, Win 2K, etc.)
Amount of RAM
Graphics card (Memory and/or type, 3D capable?)
HD size/speed

Im not sure what CPU means but I found something that says I have a Intel Pentium 4 CPU.
I am running on Windows ME 4.90.3000
I have 512 MB of RAM
If someone can tell me how to check for what kind of graphics card I have I will gladly provide the info. I am also not sure where to find the HD size and speed. (not sure what that is, either!) My computer is in good condition and contains no viruses. It's not maxed out on the memory either, programs still open and run quite quickly, system resources are 29% free. Thanks again for the help, your time is much appreciated.