dupa

Author Topic: Just what can hal do...  (Read 2771 times)

bbsnooks

• View Profile
Just what can hal do...
« on: January 28, 2004, 04:55:10 am »
Hello ... I am real new to hal .. I have down loaded the trial version...
I am wondering if hal is capable of writing email's and working in other programs...  as a voice to text soft ware..   I read that it can be an auto response for some web pages..  but can it type a letter or emeail that I dictate?

Also  I am interested to know how you use hal...  what functions you might have him perform..

Thanks  I 'm trying to get a better idea of just what he can do..

Deb

richinreno

• View Profile
Just what can hal do...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 05:12:27 am »
so far, all i've been able to do is get hal to open a few program files. it's opened my browser to help me surf but then doesnt find any other website but zabaware.com I've had it read text files, but then when i ask what it's learned, it doesnt reference the files, even when i ask using the same wording.

it learns but very slowly. there is a gauge bar to increase learning ability but the intelligence goes down??

the voice recognition program freezes hal almost immediately, but prints out my words fairly well.

i wish there were a list of simple commands. run and open seem to work except when hal cant find the file or program. then all it opens is my C drive.

it sure is a fun gizmo, though... right?

YeTr2

• View Profile
Just what can hal do...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 06:06:45 am »
I use it for the aim bot, and a general guarddog on my machine, its gets fussy when i don't talk to it often thou.