dupa

Author Topic: cortana , a threat to other a.i.' programs that are for sale?  (Read 13801 times)

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
Re: cortana , a threat to other a.i.' programs that are for sale?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 12:41:34 am »
Privacy is a illusion now. There is none. Don't believe me? Do a search of your name online. There are sites that sell information about us and some of them list everything about you that you can find on the internet. As far as "safe things" a good virus or trojan horse can get those too. That is just the internet. With drones and camera phones soon there won't be any privacy in the real world either.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 08:30:09 am »
ah so that's where these song lyrics came from :
I WAS LOOKING BACK TO SEE IF YOU WERE LOOKING BACK TO SEE IF I WAS LOOKING BACK .......  :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 04:45:37 pm »
Playing cards might be the only thing left where our "hands" are not an open book! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 03:38:16 pm »
Come-on Art, a good mirror or a so called friend behind you can even hack a good card game. Ouch!!!

raybe

***Not that I would ever agree with that type of behavior!!!

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 03:47:48 pm »
live where I live you may get some privacy. lol. thought them sattilites are a pain.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 07:11:38 pm »
Like Gene Hackman said in "Enemy of the State"...Whatever you do, Don't look up! :-\

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 02:07:03 am »
;)
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 09:34:45 am »
  I guess I'd go with who knows maybe it will get people interested in AI and increase sales.  I did want to say there is a "take off" of Cortana which is called Braina available for download, a free limited version and a pay for version.  I first saw this online before win 10 was released and tried out the free version.  I was impressed by the search capabilities, wish I knew how it was done for use with Hal.  I don't like the fact there is no Avatar and a few other things.  So here is the link, you can download it and have it in your computer.
http://www.brainasoft.com/braina/cortana-for-pc.html
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 08:55:02 pm »
My one gripe is that it is a Subscription based program. http://www.brainasoft.com/braina/download.html

Actually, my smart phone does everything I need from an assistant except for decent conversation.
Oh well...there's always...people...I guess...
If I really have to.

Seems that most computers aren't so...judgmental!! ;)

- Art -

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 01:09:51 am »
Ya you can cuss yell scream call it names and a chatbot/virtual assistant wont judge you. It might scold you if it is programmed to lol but it won't judge you. You do not have to worry about it leaving you unless you lose the program and it won't block you and refuse to tell you why. I can understand the allure of chatbots and robots very well. The older i get the less i want to be around real ppl.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 08:39:01 pm »
Agreed! And if you want a real dose of insanity, try driving around Baltimore and Washington, DC during rush hour traffic in morning and afternoon!

PS - Turn signals are optional! :o

If it weren't for all these people...I wouldn't have a problem driving to work and back! ;D

- Art -

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 11:48:38 pm »
That is okay driving the twin cities in Minnesota is bad enough during rush hour let alone those two cities. AS it is i damn near rear ended coming back home and suddenly there is a stop on the freeway. I hate rush hour traffic.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2015, 03:50:43 pm »
Oddly and somewhat ironically, my phone alerted me to the Traffic Conditions, showed me a map (which is really Not good to view if you're driving alone). In spite of it being quite "well intentioned" I'm sure, there was nothing that could have stopped people from rubber necking at the person who had been pulled over by the police and was receiving a ticket.

That slows traffic almost as much as a fender bender or especially a "carbaque" (smoke, flames and gasoline in a burning car).

So many good apps and so little time to play with them all.

Bluetooth Hands-Free devices are great with some assistant apps!

- Art -