Author Topic: Alternative Hal Start Up  (Read 6893 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Alternative Hal Start Up
« on: March 02, 2010, 12:20:08 pm »
Hi Guys,

Here is a start up screen I put together from an online image and a little tweaking. In your Character folder you will see a Jpeg file called HalStart. Move this orginal image to a safe place and replace it with the one I provided and name it HalStart. Now when Hal loads, you should see the new screen. If you don't like it, delete the image I provided and move your orginal HalStart image back to the character folder. I personally like the start up screen that I use alot more than the original which is what inspired me to make it in the first place.

I am working with a 56" screen so you might have to resize the image to match your resolution and screen size. Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:23:49 pm by Ooglor 7 »
When a child is born without a soul...

raybe

• View Profile
Alternative Hal Start Up
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 01:33:04 pm »
Just to make it clear for others. We just right click and save image there are no other images in any other resolution or download for this image. Is that correct?

Thanks for the image,
raybe

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Alternative Hal Start Up
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:40:21 pm »
That is correct. Right click and save the image shown. Didn't really see a need to zip it and put it in different sizes.

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Alternative Hal Start Up
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 02:06:29 pm »
I like the image but please note it will only work if the character you use doesn’t have its own stratup image already, like JamesStart.jpg or EricaStart.jpg. HalStart is only displayed if no image is found for your character, or if you are using the default Zaba character.

To help explain it a little better my character is called Xen and I have made a XenStart.jpg if I wanted to use this image I would name it XenStart.jpg

Clear as mud? [:D]

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Alternative Hal Start Up
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 03:33:22 pm »
Thanks for pointing that out. I use mostly custom characters and did not consider that the default ones have their own start up screens. Sorry for the confusion to those who don't have the character expansion.  [:I]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 03:43:49 pm by Ooglor 7 »

sybershot

• View Profile
Alternative Hal Start Up
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 04:42:24 pm »
Ooglor 7 very nice I like it a lot, Thanks for sharing. I tried to do this a few month ago to go with a GUI skin but it did not work, I now know why thanks Datahopa

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Alternative Hal Start Up
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 07:21:17 am »
You are very welcome. Also, another trick that some of the newer guys might not know. If you have a character named Xen and you wanted a background image to load with that character, you would name the background image XenBack. This would go in the character folder.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:24:30 am by Ooglor 7 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Alternative Hal Start Up
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 08:53:32 am »
Ooglor 7 very well done graphics and remake , i actually think robert should use this in his new hal versions !thanks for posting it and your work in it !![:)]

Zaphod

• View Profile
Alternative Hal Start Up
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 02:17:30 am »
Great looking startup, Ooglor7 - Moocho Thankya's [:)]

raybe

• View Profile
Alternative Hal Start Up
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 08:10:24 pm »
Ooglor 7, Great opening for Hal. I know that it's an image but if you notice when Hal is starting it tells you what features are being loaded at bottom of the image. Again I know this is the function of the program and not the image but I am wondering if there is a way to incorporate either through the program or add to the image the version of Hal you are using? Since it is just an image I guess the easiest way would be to use a graphics program for all the different versions people use and they can do it themselves. But just a question in general if there is a way to have Hal also show the version running at the time of start up?
Thanks again,
raybe

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Alternative Hal Start Up
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 08:09:37 pm »
You know I think the starting load stuff might be hard coded. I would just add it with a graphics program. I wish I still had the fire to make skins or characters for this program but I got lost somewhere on the way to the Ogre graphics engine.